• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HAST exam (1 Viewer)

tyguy

HSC
Hey everyone,
is there anyone who has sat the HAST test particularly for Year 10 entry and have done well and succeeded in it. Could you please suggest ways that you prepared for the test and any tips on how I can do well in it.

cheechee

HSC
HI,
I did the hast test for entry at sgg 2024 year 10 and I got in and am currently there. There is this resource I used called "notesedu" and I would say that really helped me for preparing for the test. Even though it is a hefty price at 150 for a package, I would say it is a good investment to help you prepare to get into a school you want. Inside the package I'm pretty sure there is 4 sets of maths, English, writing and general ability tests.

Another thing is that make sure your grades are good or at least for semester 1. I asked this guy on youtube who got into a good selective school (soz i cant remember) and that they said when they consider you they also look at your grades. Also the thing about the HAST exam well at least for entry at sgg was that they didn't measure what you got (unlike the selective test). It just shows how you did in regard to the other people who are also sitting the exam, so in other words, you have to be better than the people around you. One more thing before you sign off, for in terms of the areas they test you, if it actually mathematics AND science. I didn't know there was a science component so when I did the test I was very shocked to see questions testing science.

Anyways good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)