2024 EE2 Thread (1 Viewer)

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Tbh for me personally I have to do it via distance which makes it really difficult to stay motivated/on top of work. I feel like I'd enjoy it so much more if I had a regular in-person teacher I could bounce ideas off. Also could you please help me I'm doing a critical response major about postcolonial feminism?
im happy to commit t9 helping you and marking etc

MJRey

HSC
Tbh for me personally I have to do it via distance which makes it really difficult to stay motivated/on top of work. I feel like I'd enjoy it so much more if I had a regular in-person teacher I could bounce ideas off. Also could you please help me I'm doing a critical response major about postcolonial feminism?
Sure, I'd be happy to help!

aqwerty13402

HSC
How far along are we all with drafting? I personally havent started my major work but thats ok cos it will work out in the end

elliott07

HSC
How far along are we all with drafting? I personally havent started my major work but thats ok cos it will work out in the end
ok I dont want to freak you out but im up to draft 15 but my teacher does like a thing where when I finish I create a new draft to track my progress, use for reflection statement etc... so its stretched. But you should definitely start it asap. because when trials come around its gonna be very hard to balance it so maybe set goals like idk 250 words a day? that way you can smash out 1500 words a week.

elliott07

HSC
ok I dont want to freak you out but im up to draft 15 but my teacher does like a thing where when I finish I create a new draft to track my progress, use for reflection statement etc... so its stretched. But you should definitely start it asap. because when trials come around its gonna be very hard to balance it so maybe set goals like idk 250 words a day? that way you can smash out 1500 words a week.
out of curiosity are you doing a creative or fiction? im doing short fiction if you are doing it I can help you out

aqwerty13402

HSC
I WAS MEANT TO START ON THE WEEKEND BUT I HAVE A MATHS EXAM AND I HAD SO MUCH ADVANCED HOMEWORK AHAHAHA. It's okay, i'll make it my goal to smash out heaps on tuesday, wednesday and thursday so i can present the first 1500 words to my teacher on friday.

bt draft 15 holy shit - i smell a state rank

aqwerty13402

HSC
out of curiosity are you doing a creative or fiction? im doing short fiction if you are doing it I can help you out
Creative Non-fiction unfortunately. But it is mostly critical (the creative aspect comes from the narrative voice, and the metatextual 'purpose'). It's a political piece too. I actually don't hate the current idea of it. So idk, maybe i can wing it.

I deadass know a girl who got a band six writting half of hers the day before it was due. No word of a lie, she got like 46/50 or something. manifesting that energy.

conniecookie

HSC
i mean it's okay but i feel like my idea for my mw is total trash ... don't know how to go about it .... plus i started late so theres that too

conniecookie

HSC
its like some guy going insane and struggling with existentialism and death. it's about like, what drives us towards death and why we crave the unknown and how insanity manifests

thing is it's a cool thing to SAY but i dont know how to start properly writing it....

aqwerty13402

HSC
its like some guy going insane and struggling with existentialism and death. it's about like, what drives us towards death and why we crave the unknown and how insanity manifests

thing is it's a cool thing to SAY but i dont know how to start properly writing it....
that idea seems fucking sick are u kidding i love it.

Maybe he's come across the post structuralist ideology of textual representation. That language is not able to capture anything with precision, because as per the reader response theory, there is always a gap between the intended meaning (of the author), and the received meaning (of the reader). He feels like if there is no 'absolute' truth, then what is the point of living. Not that he wants to kill himself because of it, buy maybe the factor driving him towards death is because he knows that is the one absolute. It's the one thing that will happen. Every other 'fixed construct' in his life has been destabilized through language, and the piece would be commenting on our innate inclination to yearn for, acquiesce to and perpetuate absolute truths because we are psychologically incapable of living in a position of liminal uncertainty.

this is just word vomit so i can procrastinate studying for my maths exam, but the idea is only half bad ay.

Last edited:

elliott07

HSC
bt draft 15 holy shit - i smell a state rank
hopefully 🙏😭
I WAS MEANT TO START ON THE WEEKEND BUT I HAVE A MATHS EXAM AND I HAD SO MUCH ADVANCED HOMEWORK AHAHAHA. It's okay, i'll make it my goal to smash out heaps on tuesday, wednesday and thursday so i can present the first 1500 words to my teacher on friday.
FELT LMAOO. yes make little achievable goals that you can do a tiny bit each day and you'll be surprised how much you actually end up doing

elliott07

HSC
I deadass know a girl who got a band six writting half of hers the day before it was due. No word of a lie, she got like 46/50 or something. manifesting that energy.
yh definitely im just very extra w my drafts bcz I tend to loose track of what im writing, then I get feedback then it puts me back on track yk.

Creative Non-fiction unfortunately. But it is mostly critical (the creative aspect comes from the narrative voice, and the metatextual 'purpose'). It's a political piece too. I actually don't hate the current idea of it. So idk, maybe i can wing it.
Ayee nice im doing a creative non-fiction too. when you finish your draft if you wanna send it thru im happy to read it with fresh eyes and give some comments on it

elliott07

HSC
one thing that I hate abt ee2 is that the marking seems so subjective like I saw somewhere that the subject with the most disputed marks is EE2 😭😭

elliott07

HSC

this is a very good idea I think it has a lot of potential I 100% know how u feel right now.

one thing that helped me get over this writer block,

I recommend you sit down with your teacher and discuss this idea and they can give you some guiding points to how you can take it, I also highly recommend you read the creative writers book collections if your library has it or go to state library website and they have a bunch of exemplar MWs you can look at.

another thing is sort of doing a brain dump where you just write any idea that pops into your mind and just keep writing ideas then go back and try to make a story outline I use something called 'story beats'.

Story beats are basically short like 30-50 word descriptions of scenes that will happen in your story and idk for me it helped a lot when writing as it gave me a guidance to where my story is going not just going straight into the story then getting sidetracked yk? it helps break it down to get a full picture of start middle end of your piece.

if you need some help or want me to go over your work you can dm me and I can try to help you out as best as I can!!

katiekms

HSC
hopefully 🙏😭

FELT LMAOO. yes make little achievable goals that you can do a tiny bit each day and you'll be surprised how much you actually end up doing
(i don’t do extension) i know nothing about this, how much are you actually supposed to do? from what i’ve seen so far it sounds like a lot…

elliott07

HSC
(i don’t do extension) i know nothing about this, how much are you actually supposed to do? from what i’ve seen so far it sounds like a lot…
for short fiction its 5000-6000 words. Essays are I think 3000-4000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)