日本語能力試験 (日本語検定試験 (1 Viewer)

日本語能力試験を受ける?

• はい、日本語能力試験の一級を受ける。 (Level 1 - hardest)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
日本語能力試験 (日本語検定試験)

It's obvious that all who study or have an interest in Japanese, and who use boredofstudies, come to this forum, so I'll ask here.

Who is taking the Japanese Language Proficiency Test this year?

Also, what level are you doing?

For those of you who didn't know about 日本語能力試験 It comes in four levels, graded from level four being the easiest, to level one which is often rumoured that Japanese people themselves would have a lot of trouble with.

In terms of Kanji (since in my opinion there comes a point in Japanese study where the vocabulary you learn is from the kanji you learn), the tests go along the lines of:

四級 - Level four - 100 kanji
三級 - Level three - 300 kanji
二級 - Level two - 1000 kanji
一級 - Level one - 2000 kanji

This year the test is on the 4th of December; registration has closed for this year, however.

Edit: the characters on the poll turned out pretty badly at the end, but there is English there, so never fear.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

sorry to ask but whats the test about, like what does it prove?? does it only test the kanjis we know

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
kadlil said:
sorry to ask but whats the test about, like what does it prove?? does it only test the kanjis we know
It's run every year worldwide by the Japanese government. It tests proficiency. There's more to the test than just Kanji.

You must test your reading, listening comprehension skills, as well as choose an appropriate answer to respond to something.

If you pass level two, you're deemed fit to conduct business in Japan. If you pass level one, you're deemed fit for academic studies in Japan. Some universities in Japan require you hold level four or three before you take a Japanese language programme there, or if you'd like to skip the basic classes these are useful, as level four means you can read/write hiragana/katakana and one hundred of the basic kanji.

P

pLuvia

are their any restrictions into doing it?? like is it uni stuff??

like can a next term year 12 person do it?? because like i like testing my japanese knowledge on those national japanese exams

Last edited by a moderator:

Estelle

most people here who study japanese, have only been doing it for a year or a few years, theres no possible way that they could be able to do the profficency test with that level of language, i know i couldnt. you pretty much have to be completely fluent like if you were born there to do the test, so i have heard.

yupgisonyun

HSC
where do you apply for next year's test........ or where can you get more info??

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
i took Level 3, I'm pretty sure that someone who's finished Extension or did well in Continuers should be able to do that. Also if you've been on exchange to Japan for about a year and studied well you should be able to do Level 2

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Level 4 requires the learner know 100 kanji and 800 words.
Level 3 requires the learner know 300 kanji and 1500 words.
Level 2 requires the learner know 1000 kanji and 6000 words.
Level 1 requires the learner know 2000 kanji and 10000 words.

I'm sure most high school continuers students can do level three, beginners can do level four easily.

fleur137

HSC
anyone know any material that could be useful in preparing for this? any books, listening material, etc. cos i might do this exam next year and i wanna prepare for it...

KraideR

HSC
dun u hafta go to japan in order to do dis exam :S

im kinda lost :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)