1 on 1 HSC Tutoring | 99.80 Dux Of Penrith High 2019 | 99-3U 98-4U 4 Years experience| (1 Viewer)

Nav123

HSC
Hi, my name is Naveen and Im the 2019 dux of Penrith High with an atar of 99.80 and a HSC math mark of 99 for 3U and 98 for 4U. I have over four years of experience teaching a variety of students from a variety of schools. Having taught over 30 students I know how to engage and tailor to individual student needs.

My Philosophy:
HSC in general tests a very specific set of skills required for further tertiary study as well as for employment. I found that intelligence and natural ability play a very minor role in achieving a good mark, but rather a consistent study and hard work is the key to success. Thus no matter what level you are currently at, with the right information and tutor+structured study, it is possible for ANYONE to achieve a high mark in the HSC.

With my tutoring you will gain:

- A comprehensive set of questions/notes + many external resources
-Weekly exercises with high yield questions which WILL be in your exam
-24/7 contact through whatsapp or other social media to answer ANY question promptly WHILE you are stuck on the problem.
-Personalized lessons tailoring to your needs
-Non-Judgemental teaching allowing students to ask any question they want at any time
-Theory which they don't teach you at school, to ensure you get a good grasp on concepts to answer band 6 questions
-Study timetable/homework-To ensure you efficiently and effectively study and make use of your already limited time

Whilsts in theory this sounds great I believe past results are a great predictor of future results.
-EVERY student I have had for more than a year has improved their marks
- In 2023 all 6/8 of my year 12 students recieved a band 6 in their math subjects with the other 2 recieving high band 5s
- In 2022 all 7 of my year 12 students recieved a band 6

Overall I can guarantee your marks will improve with my tutoring and with hard work and dedication from your part I can gurantee a band 6 in any of the respective subjects you complete. Listed below are also numerous students with feedback which you may like to read.

Offers:
Bring a friend and get your first lesson free
Refer additional people and get a lesson free

Types of Lessons:
1 on 1
Small groups of 3-4
Email me at naveen.manivasagan@gmail.com or contact my phone 0420620647 for any further queries Thank You.
Spots are filling up fast so please contact me promptly.

Last edited:

dtr

HSC
Hey all, I finished my HSC a bit over a week ago and thought I’d give Nav a bump to the top as a thanks.

Edited 21/1/22 in light of results:
- 95 Maths Advanced
- 46 Maths Extension 1 (considering I came from being 72/101 in my first task, I take this as a W and as a result of my time spent with Nav)

Having gone through 4 private tutors from YR10 onwards before I met Nav (all of which charged the same rate as Nav and which had the same if not higher ATAR), I can say that he’s definitely been the best tutor I’ve had. Despite, having only been under his tutelage since April for 2U & 3U, I can definitely vouch for his:

Flexibility with lessons (content-wise but also time-wise):

#1: I was able to schedule in some extra / longer lessons in the leadup to the HSC which was nice + (at least from my experience) he's pretty flexible with times and days for regular lessons

#2: He can also go over topics again that you ask him to with almost 0 notice (*don’t do this but hey, it’s nice to know he can do it)

Fantastic and thorough teaching method

(In lesson): Theory → Textbook questions (to start off) —> Exam style / HSC / Trial HSC questions for said topic / topics for the rest of the lesson (As I alluded to in *, man’s depth of knowledge is insane).

Notably, Nav also went over:

a) all the possible question types / styles for each topic and teaches you how to do each one
b) exam techniques
c) how to do past papers properly (this one was pretty game-changing in terms of how I studied for all my subjects when it came to past papers).

(Out of lesson): Textbook HW + Hard Past Paper Q’s + Any interesting / challenging questions relevant to the topic @ hand (The latter two definitely help you prepare for those Q13’s and 14’s in 3U that can be challenging)

24/7 communication (as advertised)

This was via Discord for me but yeah, you could bombard Nav with like 5 questions and he’d get back to you pretty quick

Attitude & support:

He’s gone overtime for me a few times (a testament to his dedication & care) & he offers some good advice for life outside the HSC (he can also help you with med related things if you're pursuing that)

Online Lesson Format:

I thought I'd include this in for any future COVID cohorts who'll have to learn online or any students who would spend an absurd amount of time travelling to get to Blacktown / Parra.

Having spent my entire time with Nav online over Zoom & Discord, I can definitely say that he has a pretty good system in place (basically shares his screen, writes stuff, pastes questions, etc). As someone who had an iPad, this was pretty interactive and if you have a device (iPad, tablet, laptop you can write on), this would be essentially the same experience as if you went in person (at least when compared to my previous experiences with other tutors). I'm not too sure on Nav's system for paper so you'll have to ask the man himself but I'm sure its solid.

As for cons, there are none. No seriously, I can't for the life of me think of one.

And so with the above in mind, I’d strongly recommend any student viewing this to give Naveen a go. After all, he offers a free trial lesson so why wouldn’t you?

Last edited:

Qeru

HSC
Having been tutored by Nav for 3U and 4U was one of the best decisions I made in my HSC. Nav has a clear and concise way of explaining concepts far exceeding my teachers. For example one of my weakest topics was proofs as I was quite unfamilar with the logic required. In just two lessons I gained the intuition and reasoning required to tackle this difficult topic (some may have different opinions lol).

Depending on your needs Nav can alter the pace he goes through content. For me personally I wanted to complete as much of the syllabus as possible before term 2 of my HSC year and we did just that completing almost all of the 4U content. In some cases we spent multiple lessons on a single topic (i.e. proofs) and in other cases we breezed through multiple. Having experienced this I can almost guarantee Nav can attend to your needs.

I can also vouch for his dedication, answering any questions I have through whatsapp, most of time getting back to me in less than 30 mins and completing questions by going overtime. Nav can also answer any study related questions such as time management and comes up with the best way to use your time (in such a hectic year).

Overall I highly recommend Naveen for his dedication to his students and clear teaching style.

ssreganr

HSC
Am being tutored currently by Nav for year 11 3u and 2u, nothing but good things to say so far. He explains the content really well, and is very responsive to questions. He tailors his teaching to each student and makes it a very seamless learning process.

Nothing but good things to say, would reccomend Nav as a maths tutor

Auzendriel

HSC
Was tutored by Nav from late yr 10-12. Highly recommend. Definitely one of the best maths teachers I've ever had. He always explains things clearly and is also incredibly encouraging. He'd pick out great questions and could always provide an answer on the spot. Every lesson was prepared and well organised - you can really tell from the teaching. I feel that this is really rare in tutors, but also I'd say his teaching abilities extend well beyond the general standards of HS math teaching (I've had plenty of horrible maths teachers, it was why I went to Nav in the first place). Furthermore, Nav's very responsive! Always gets back to me really quickly (even now when I have questions)! He's also attentive when it comes to exam prep and switches up his style to tailor to your needs.

If you're looking for a maths tutor, 100% go for Nav. Ngl he saved me from utterly messing up in HSC 4U maths. I would not have gotten my 95 ATAR without him. So worth it because he actually prepares his content, is committed to teaching, and understands how his students learn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)