1 Question... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBLuEyEs

Hey everyone, i was just wondering if i could get some answers for a couple of questions I have. I am extremely sick, and have been sick for a couple weeks now, and i have opted to fill out a illness/misadventure form, and just recieve an assesment. I was wondering how fair are the assesments, whether i made a good decision, and whether any1's been there and done that, and how they went ??

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
my maths teacher told me they give you a prediction based on ur marks and overall performance so yeah...

Agent Z

HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
my maths teacher told me they give you a prediction based on ur marks and overall performance so yeah...
you sure? In the HSC if you must get principal approval to fill out a sickness form and then the surveryors ask if anyone is applying for a misadventure and you tell them.
They (meaning the supervisors) will keep a really close eye on you, and at the end of the test they will fill out a form indicating how much your sickness prevented you from doing hte test to the best of your ability.

You should ask your principal/phone the board of studies and find out...

i really dont think they would work out an estimate...that would be really unfair to everyone else if they did......if anything they would work out an estimate based on your school marks in comparasin to how the rest of your school went in the external test.....all board of studies external tests are designed to be very fair

tom_s16

I did the SC last year and my teachers filled out an illness / misadventure form several weeks before the exam. (I had several surgerys during the year).

I actually sat the SC exams....what happened was the principal 'estimated' what he thought I would get in the exams and a comparison was then made with my real marks from when I took the exam..........The end result? I was given the higher of the two..

In the end I achieved about 10 marks above the principals estimate in all my subjects so it didn't matter anyway.

As for the point of the supervisors keeping a really close eye on you that ain't true (at least it didn't happen at my school). I was in a room by myself with one of the supervisors and at the end of the exam she just asked me how much pain I had during the exam and filled out a simple form.

So if you are really sick go ahead with the appeal but u should sit the exams because your result could be higher than what the principal estimates.

Agent Z

HSC
Originally posted by tom_s16
I did the SC last year and my teachers filled out an illness / misadventure form several weeks before the exam. (I had several surgerys during the year).

I actually sat the SC exams....what happened was the principal 'estimated' what he thought I would get in the exams and a comparison was then made with my real marks from when I took the exam..........The end result? I was given the higher of the two..

In the end I achieved about 10 marks above the principals estimate in all my subjects so it didn't matter anyway.

As for the point of the supervisors keeping a really close eye on you that ain't true (at least it didn't happen at my school). I was in a room by myself with one of the supervisors and at the end of the exam she just asked me how much pain I had during the exam and filled out a simple form.

So if you are really sick go ahead with the appeal but u should sit the exams because your result could be higher than what the principal estimates.

i said the supervisors keep an eye on you in teh hsc i thought it would be similar protocol for school cert also

tom_s16

sorry - misread.

I'm sitting for the HSC in 2004....I will have my own room with a supervisor so i'll see if it's much different to the SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)