inter108

HSC
2 related texts just to be sure.

I was only nineteen

Road not Taken.

Hit me with MODULES!

dumarab

HSC
The prescribed text is ALL of the poems.

1 prescribed text <> 1 poem

SHARPEI

HSC
if you look in the syllabus "related" means "optional", so we actually didnt need any more than just the set texts from class. having said that, one was prefferable my teacher told me but if you wasted time on doing two then thats what like 8-10 minutes lost on the other sections....

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
SHARPEI said:
if you look in the syllabus "related" means "optional", so we actually didnt need any more than just the set texts from class. having said that, one was prefferable my teacher told me but if you wasted time on doing two then thats what like 8-10 minutes lost on the other sections....
Yeah, optional meaning which ones we choose are up to us.

If you didn't do two you'll lose marks, as you didn't answer the question.

bazzab

HSC
look, at our school it was stressed that if we didnt answer the question (e.g. used one material instead of two), we would be automatically in the C range.
This is coming from teachers who have been past HSC markers

Olympus15

HSC
crestor said:
I prepared a really good essay with just one related that way I had more analysis, i also used two Skrzynecki poems so i was pretty pissed when it said TWO. I just then wrote out my essay then included one of the texts from section one into my essay.

It was the same with all my assessments, they all required at least one but never said two
The two units of english have to count. Theres a reason thats its compulsory isnt it?

Marinatos

HSC
We were always going to have to use two. You should always read the syllabus'. The only reason it was one in previous years was because of the stimulus booklet.

HSC
even if you thought they would only ask for one you should of had two anyway incase it did not relate, then you would be stuck with one.

I know an assesment we has they asked for one but i had two so i could pick what related.

You should of read the syllabus anyway

bacon123

HSC
N/A
we got told to do one by our teacher
ii just made it up the 2nd one think i did it pretty good to

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
I'm surprised at how many students seem to be taking their teacher's words as God's, and don't bother look things up for themselves...

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
kevinx2 said:
Better to do one related well, rather than two poorly.

I did one related because i couldn't be bothered :rolleyes:
English not gonna count for me anyways.
But English counts for everyone... =O

And I did 2 related texts. It makes sense, since I don't see why the BOS would think they'd just get rid of the stimulus booklet for our enjoyment.

Rhanoct said:
it said use 2 but i can do what i want
Of course you can do whatever you want.

They can give you whatever they wanna give too.

Last edited:

suchi29

HSC
ye ay ..they always sey atleast ONE.. which really means do TWO..

but its reaallyy gud to have 3 if u no u have time.. but thts gay

i used my prescribed crap. n 2 others.. i thought it always wrkd lyk tht.. thts wot we do at school neway

gudluk for paper 2 ;P

lotusli17

HSC
This thread was surpost to be only for Standard english student if you are advanced then yes you have to have two but its in question about weather the standard student are surpost to know two as well when for the majority of our question you only need to know one and alot have people have been told by there teachers that you only need to know one for journeys but this is STANDARD not ADVANCED

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)