1 social and 1 ethical (1 Viewer)

xeriphic

okai what did everyone choose for this question, I wasn't too sure what would relate to social and what would relate to ethical

grendel

day dreamer
HSC
N/A
social - privacy, i don't want the world to know i am a hopeless runner.

ethical??? - control maybe... i should have a say as to how info regarding me is handled???? can you have copyright over your name??

HSC
social: social equity as not all ppl have the internet
ethical: breech of privacy as individual's results published

bleh...made them up , hope they're correct...

SpaceMonkey

Frak!
HSC
Social:
*Changing nature of work, either they hire someone to do the website crap or they train current staff to do that website crap.

Ethincal:
*Privacy, anyone in the world can view the time since it is on the Internet, some of the runners might not want this.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
i stuffed the social bit..but not the ethical bit i think...ekek....changing work nature is so correct....can't remember tat

eska

HSC
N/A
ethic: lol i keep introduce hacker that maniplated the result lol i used everytime should works!

soical: what da hell i put privacy ....not right place?

rckl

HSC
SpaceMonkey said:
Social:
*Changing nature of work, either they hire someone to do the website crap or they train current staff to do that website crap.

Ethincal:
*Privacy, anyone in the world can view the time since it is on the Internet, some of the runners might not want this.
haha.. i got the same answer as you...

C

CaR

i decided to talk about the environment...
can't remember what I did for the other one...O___O

ar5ena1

HSC
lol ans:

social: embarassment from the results being shown publically - or anything that effects someone like that.
ethical: privacy, and the right for the participant not to have person information given to the public.

privacy is ethical, if you put it as social you're wrong.

lexii

Social: By solely publishing the results online it is a disadvantage for people without computer/internet access.

Ethical: Privacy of runner information etc.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
social: privacy --> possible stalkers (depending on what they put in)
ethical: not everyone'd wanna have their names up there...i also put something else in there (mental blank as to what it was...1 sentance at the end of ethical as an afterthought, on a totally different track)

eska

HSC
N/A
ar5ena1 said:
lol ans:

social: embarassment from the results being shown publically - or anything that effects someone like that.
ethical: privacy, and the right for the participant not to have person information given to the public.

privacy is ethical, if you put it as social you're wrong.

@_@ r u sure! .................

alby

cool duckie
HSC
will you get lotsa marks taken off if you put them in the wrong thing??
i think it'd only be max 2 (it was a 5 marker yeah?)

Cronium

Lot of you seem bit confused. Remember that Ethical issues are issues that are affected by what we see as right or wrong and that Social issues are what affects society.

For Social issues you could have mentioned: the retrenching of people due to info. tech.
For ethical issues you could have mentioned: privacy as well as the accessibility of the information.

Gemstone

I put much the same as everyone else.

Social - Not everyone has the internet and therefore some people won't be able to get there results
Ethical - Privacy - not everyone would want there results published.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Cronium said:
Lot of you seem bit confused. Remember that Ethical issues are issues that are affected by what we see as right or wrong and that Social issues are what affects society.

For Social issues you could have mentioned: the retrenching of people due to info. tech.
For ethical issues you could have mentioned: privacy as well as the accessibility of the information.
i agree, the people who posted seemed a lil confused. and i put exactly that for my answers.

Empath

HSC
Damnit.. i think i flipped the social and ethical issues around.. does that mean i get 0? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)