1 week till HSC.... how do u all feel? (1 Viewer)

T

timbk2

this time last year..... i was shittin myself with english .....
i was at the state library 10 hours a day writing essays and also cramming for other subjects.

hows everyone doing..

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Tempting fate with all my bludging... I'm doing everything else in english as an excuse for not writing practice essays 8 hours a day...
Feelin' guilty.

SaveFerris

Right now I am overcome with immense feelings of irritation more than anything else. This has stemmed from the fact that so much is happening this week (my school's Yr 12 outing all day tomorrow, graduation ceremony on Wednesday night, a 4-hr shift at work on Thursday night, etc) when I would have much rather preferred to have the entire week to get myself into gear for the exams.

To top it off, my parents have arranged for a builder to come each day for the next 2 weeks to renovate our kitchen...yet another (very noisy) distraction I don't particularly need. The irritation is overwhelming...luckily I'm not the kind of person to snap and just flip out...OR AM I???

Bring on November 15th!

AcCeSs-DeNieD

7 days till HSC english.....I actually feel pretty good.......... that is pretty good about other subjects except english =P

I think I've just accepted that my english mark is not going to my best mark but I'm gonna try and my best in it .... as in to try and bullshit my way past it.....

Milly

Glad that in one week I'll never have to write another change essay again... and that in one month it'll all be over :D

Nelly

Mainly at this point its all just constant procrastination.

'Oh, i cant do any practise essays, cause i dont know if they'll be any good. I should take it to the teacher on thursday, then i'll start them all on Friday'

hehe, thats the way the cookie crumbles. Hopefully, this weekend will be non-stop essays. 12 hr days, non-stop essays. WOO! Let's go.

In the words of The Rock "Just Bring It" :mad:

let me see...
i cant' do any quesiton from software papers.........
i have finished studying for the first two modules for physics.....never event learnt the 4th module, and half way learnt 3rd module bu havn't started studying for it yet............
havn't touched english,,still dunt have related materials after all this time.........
can't do half of the questions in 3 unit paper.....
conclusion...... i am dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by timbk2
10 hours a day writing essays
ok up until this point i was feeling pretty confident that my 5-6 hrs a day were more than enough......

thank god i know my change essay off by heart!! (virtually)

good luck everyone!

T

timbk2

i ended up being able to memorise all 3 essays line for line the weekend b4 the exams. all 3000 words

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well yeah thats wat im planning
by wednesday i should have my change essay, and my 3 modules essays memorised (these essays are general on everything, so they are easily adaptable to any form)
I'm at the state library usually around 9:30am till 8:45pm jus writing essay after essay after essay

thank god economics is in the last week...since I have another 10 essays to memorise for that...

Alex

I personally feel like quitting. Minai, I personally congratulate you on having that much dedication and focus to be able to do so much work, I do 5-6 hours a day and I am feeling like crap. I just want to get this all over and done with.

AiMz

HSC
Stressed, scared, nervous, freaked out..................theres heaps more ^____^

Nelly

i personal cannot see how there is 12 hrs of work to do per day. Im planning to memorise 4 essays by saturday nite. I think i can, and i aint been working 24/7.

hmmm....we'll see how it goes :rolleyes:

funkydish

i've only really studied business. i plan to cram for english since i do better cramming quotes and that. i can cram for ipt coz it's still in my head and it's "my subject". i can work on some maths the end of this week and next weekend (since i know i'll bomb in maths). then i got a whole 1.5 weeks to study for physics and actually learn superconductivity (which none of us get and didn't learn properly during school). :D :rolleyes:

Nelly

Thanks Lazy,

As for funkydishs way of studying. I'm very similar

I spent the first 2 weeks doing 3/4 Unit. Then 4 days doing IPT, then the last week doing non-stop english. I will then have 1 week to study for Physics IN the HSC.

It seems tha i have a lot of time, and there is no purpose of me studying 24/7, maybe its just me.

Average of about 4 hrs per day, compared to people who do 10, I dunno

schwang_thang

Originally posted by timbk2
i ended up being able to memorise all 3 essays line for line the weekend b4 the exams. all 3000 words
omgosh i can't belive u ppl! how on earth do u memorise entire essays?!?!

all im doin is rmbering a few quotes 4 each of my themes, that's already 2 much rmbering 4 me!!

n as 4 how im feeling...perfectly a-ok...i was pretty stressed b4 my trials but now that i've done them, im quite alright abt the whole hsc thing...sall gud :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)