10U or 12U (1 Viewer)

soni_bro6

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

Would it be advisable to do 10u or 12u.

I'm currently doing Chem, Geo, Bio, 4u Maths, and English Adv

I'm thinking if I should drop Bio since I actually got a pretty low mark (5%) in the first assessment task. Or should I stick to Bio the whole way through?

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you saying that you got 5% on the first task, or it was worth 5%?

Realistically, if you feel overwhelmed with 12U, then doing 10U would help your time management and help you increase your efforts in each subject. The best way to get 10U is to drop the subject that you least enjoy, and are least good at (Those may not necessarily correspond, so pick a balance of both) ~ Best of luck :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I would suggest you wait a term at least on 12 units.

shivanshw63

HSC
I dont think its worth continuing a subject if youre not fully committed and if you are certain that a subject will be your worst subject, there is no point sacrificing time and consequently your marks. Definitely something you should check with your teachers about though as they would help best make your decision

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah honestly if you know your good at your other subjects I would say drop, you get free periods to study for them.
Our school forces us to do at least 12 units so some people don't even turn up to hsc exam of their 12th unit and get like 96+ atars.

Another thing to consider is scaling. My extra subject was IPT, however it was such low in scaling compared to my other subjects that I knew even if I screwed up another subject, IPT still wouldn't count. Also the fact that IPT is the most boring trash I've ever seen. So I just didn't try in IPT :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)