12 units!! how wud it affect my UAI (1 Viewer)

gamecw

HSC
Hey guys, im doin 12 units atm

maths ex2,maths ex1,eng esl,eco,physics
and
Business studies..

im not planning to spend any more time to study business studies.. this means ill prbly score a Band 2~3 for the subject... wud it affect my UAI in anyway?

i have done about only 40% of the course, school's ranking's ok 4/40.. but if i spend time studyin it in the last 3 weeks, ill lose the opportunaty to boost up my marks for other subjects...

my teacher said i cant drop out the subject anymore..

so yea... wud it mata if i do badly in the subject... or wud it mata if i DONT TURN UP on the exam day??

nallask8r

HSC
yeh im in same situation with 2unit maths, shouldnt count for me unless i screw up other subjects hard *touch wood* but little bit of study and practice papers doesnt hurt does it? i say let the UAI dudes decide which of ur subjects should count

gamecw

HSC
nallask8r said:
yeh im in same situation with 2unit maths, shouldnt count for me unless i screw up other subjects hard *touch wood* but little bit of study and practice papers doesnt hurt does it? i say let the UAI dudes decide which of ur subjects should count
but im sure that i will do badly in it

gemrism

HSC
I'm the same with Ext 1 maths but i'm going to try in it anyway just in case i stuff up another one of my subjects....so you may as well give it some effort?

dandel26

HSC
UAI only takes 10 units. If your doing 12, definately 2 units wont be counted.

gamecw

HSC
yea but the problem is.... PHYSICS exam is right the day after business studies... i might as well just leave the exam within an hour, go home n read physics..

but that means ill get a extremely low result for B.s... just makin sure that it wudnt affect me.. tx

gamecw

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Well you could just not turn up to the exam, and drop the subject completely, and that leaves you with 10 units that will count towards your UAI.
hey so if i dont turn up 4 bs test, it is same as droping the subject??

nallask8r

HSC
man how can u do physics etc and not go well at business? lol just give it a shot, even if u just do cramming night b4, i do business studies and its seriously not that hard, all u have to learn is the syllabus dot points? now im sure that aint too hard no?HSC means everything and if u can somehow blitz the exam with minimal study who knows it may count

lala2

Banned
HSC
Well, it's called 'inofficial' dropping or something like that, and yes, if you don't rock up to the exam, you just won't get an external mark, and therefore no HSC mark. But honestly, you've been this far, and anyway, would you have dropped it if the timetable had been more favourable? It's not a good idea to leave your backup behind just because of a shitty timetable. What about people like us at uni, who have TWO major exams on the one day and ONE week of stuvac to do so?

gamecw

HSC
lala2 said:
Well, it's called 'inofficial' dropping or something like that, and yes, if you don't rock up to the exam, you just won't get an external mark, and therefore no HSC mark. But honestly, you've been this far, and anyway, would you have dropped it if the timetable had been more favourable? It's not a good idea to leave your backup behind just because of a shitty timetable. What about people like us at uni, who have TWO major exams on the one day and ONE week of stuvac to do so?
no no... its not the time table... i dont need the subject at all...

i think im just gonna go do the exam.. i shall get a Band 2~3 with what ive learnt so far... ill just leave it then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)