120 in a 100 zone...am i fucked? (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
wow, i never see these sort of threads :rolleyes:

go to the rta website and find out yourself, maybe?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
More than 15 km/h but not more than 30 km/h:

3 Demerit Points

$231 Fine

hsc=suicide

HSC
breaking said:
wow, i never see these sort of threads :rolleyes:

go to the rta website and find out yourself, maybe?
yeah i know, but i couldn't be fucked searching for it. so i ask here and someone helpful has told me. so :p

lana121

HSC
hey i got done doing 10km/h over...

will i get fined

or is it only 15km/h and over that you get fined?!?!?!

and yeah i think youll get 3 points and a fine... but i don't really know.

CieL

HSC
If you choose to appeal I guess..

But I think speedos are usually off.. so I'd guess they'd catch you doing around 115kmh..

Are you on your P1s? If so, you'll have 1 point left on your licence.. so, no... you're not really that fk'd up.. at least you didnt do it on a double-D day..

Zozo6969

HSC
Well if ur speedo said u were doing 120, u were going 115 at best, probably even less. cops can only book u if u r doin 7 kays over the limit (fixed speed cameras can only book u if ur 15 kay over), so it would be close.

gracie007

HSC
CieL said:
If you choose to appeal I guess..

But I think speedos are usually off.. so I'd guess they'd catch you doing around 115kmh..

Are you on your P1s? If so, you'll have 1 point left on your licence.. so, no... you're not really that fk'd up.. at least you didnt do it on a double-D day..

NO. if hes on his p1s he is fucked. the max speed u can go is 90 kms. he was going above that, PLUS above the enforced speed limit.

he would be not so fucked up if he were on his p2s, as the limit is 100 km anyway.

and ps- speedos arent usually off either.

Optophobia

HSC
gracie007 said:
NO. if hes on his p1s he is fucked. the max speed u can go is 90 kms. he was going above that, PLUS above the enforced speed limit.

he would be not so fucked up if he were on his p2s, as the limit is 100 km anyway.

Double jeopardy.

P1/P2 are governed by a seperate law (when going over their class speed limit).

In essence, P1/P2 drivers constantly have a 90 (or 100) speed sign in front of them, unless they are in an area where the speed limit is less than this. The posted speed limit, or P1/P2 speed limit, (which ever is lower), applies.

If a P1 goes 120 KM hour, then they are issued "Exceed by 30 KM/H", not two seperate fines.

CieL

HSC
gracie007 said:

Well, you dont really know what state he's in, right?

His SN says HSC, but his sig says uni of MELB.. and Vic doesn't have limits.
But if he is in Syd (and on P1s), yes.. you're right, I forgot about the limits because I never think about them.. but I should =]

p.s. - Speedos are usually off

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Optophobia said:
Double jeopardy.

P1/P2 are governed by a seperate law (when going over their class speed limit).

In essence, P1/P2 drivers constantly have a 90 (or 100) speed sign in front of them, unless they are in an area where the speed limit is less than this. The posted speed limit, or P1/P2 speed limit, (which ever is lower), applies.

If a P1 goes 120 KM hour, then they are issued "Exceed by 30 KM/H", not two seperate fines.
You will find most cops will let you off on the whole "provisional speed limits". When i was on my P1 licence i was caught doing 120 in a 100 zone, they only got me for 15 and over, although i was technically doing 30 over with the P plater provisional speed.

My mate has his P2 licence and we were doing 120 in an 80 zone, got caught, and the cop only gave him 15+...which is 231 dollar fine 3 points.

Just to clarify it less than 15 over is 77 dollar fine and 3 points.

Valeu

HSC
that's interesting DaddyK, I had no such luck with the HWP. I was doing 127 on P2s and got a fine for the 15-30 bracket, i.e., 27km/h over. But even if he went off the 110km/h limit, I still would have been in the same bracket.

HSC
uberlovesounds said:
My sis got fined doing 64kms in a 60s' zone.. i think the fine was >150
i doubt a cop would pull someone over for doing 4km over the limit (unless it was in a 30 or 40 zone or something)

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
My thoughts too...technically all radars have a 3 kmph adjustment, and as benifit of the doubt, cops have to take the lower speed. So if she was doing 64kph, really she would have only been speeding by 1kay.....which is rediculous to be pulled over for. Unless she was doing 67.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
You'll just be fined

That means you're not fucked...however don't try going over 130...since that that is an immediate 3 month suspension

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)