18th birthday!! (1 Viewer)

Sophie777

My boyfriends 18th is coming up and we've been through a lot and I'm wondering from a guy or a girls point of view what would be a really good present?

lengstar

HSC
guy's answering this question will probably give you similar answers to: walk in with nothing except maybe a ribbon and ask him to open his present aka you

7th Sign

HSC
all these kids that are saying get him sex for his present are all horney lil kids...just get him something that he will really like and use alot......im thinking a nice sterling silver braclet from like prouds for 100 bucks with engraving of something......but thats what ild just want og my gf......

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
You want to get him something meaningful as well as something he'd actually like, right? So why don't you buy him something big that you know he wants but which isn't necessarily very couple-y, and then also make him a mix cd of all the songs that have some significance to your relationship. That way you kill 2 birds with one stone. You can go all out with the cd, make a cover with pics of you 2 together etc. Give the songs names that relate to you and the milestones they represent, eg 'first date', etc.

If you're loaded or have saved up, book a weekend away for the 2 of you.

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
One of the best presents I've gotten from my girlfriend was a calender with photo's of us in it. Like in the month that my birthday is, it had a photo of me from a previous birthday, with a cake, on our anniversary month, it had a photo of us, in christmas, it had a photo of here with a santa's hat thinger. And that sort of thing...

My other favourite present was a key ring that could hold a photo and had engravings on the back. I liked it because I took it everywhere and it always made me think of how much she loves me. Well it did, until i lost it at the beach... Oops...

santaslayer

HSC
Buy him a jigzaw puzzle picturing both of you together...then he can go put the pieces together...:)

but i guess girls would enjoy that type of present more though....:p

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
It's all good trying to get a present which is meaningful but remember there's also the option of an event, take them to a concert or something along those lines in which they were interested in going to. Because with something like that, its the memories they'll share of the night with you which prove to be more valuable than a $100 braclet.

I remember Felicity took me to see Belle&Sebastian and it was an awesome night and could never be replaced by something materialistic.

S

Shuter

Connections said:
all these kids that are saying get him sex for his present are all horney lil kids
You did read her boyfriend is turning 18?

Candypants

Hmm. The 18th is traditionally jewellery... I bought my then-boyfriend a very pretty JAG watch because he didn't have a watch. People will always remember their 18th birthday's so it's really nice when it's something that they'll keep forever, very memorable.

But it doesn't have to be material. So basically: something he needs, and something he;ll definitely remember.

And by that I'm not suggesting sex, like all these like-minded boys here, as you'll probably end up shagging anyway.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
yeah, my gf got me an engraved watch too, cause i didn't have one. just get him something personal, that he can take or wear with him, which reminds him of u...
like a chain, or something to that affect. or u could come up with some cute thing that only the 2 of u will get... can't help u there :)

BabySilver

HSC
My ex got me an engraved locket on year for christmas & our engagment. I didn't find it that special as I had been ask him for something like it for about a year, aand then he got me to pick it out and his friend that did the engraving not only spelt my name wrong but thought of what to write.. sobasically it was a complete no-brainer for him.

Anyway my suggestion is actually something I did for my brother. him & I don't get along well but I had no money for presnets this year so put to work the skills I learnt working on powerpoint at tafe and made him a slide show of his life. He's not an emotional guy, infact I'd say he's pretty emotionless. but afterwards his girlfriend told me how after his party he was actually brough to tears about the amount of effort i had put in and also it filled in a huge gap he was missing in his memory. We found out then that he can't remember a thing from before he was in an accident at 6 years old. I have since revised the slide show to include more of his life before the accident.

So yeah basically.. make him aslideshow, either of his life or maybe just the time you have been together. eitherway I'm sure he'd think it was really special.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)