$200 CityRail Penalty Appeal HELP (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait wait wait, you bought a ticket at concession price despite the fact you don't have a concession card. You've been doing it for 9 years and you fail to see a problem with it when you get pulled up for it.

pretty certain he does have a concession card since they give it to everyone at school and he probably didn't produce one because he didn't know you're meant to carry it on you

D94

HSC
N/A
I'm sure you could make a case out of it. If you can present your concession card in some appeal process, then you can argue you weren't fare-evading because you were entitled to a concession card whether you were checked upon or not, hence you genuinely made a mistake and should be let off with just a warning.

That being said, surely you must of suspected buying a concession ticket without evidence that you are/were a student, was a bit dodgy in that anyone could claim they were a student, like now in your situation.

Flying

HSC
It doesn't matter. I'm going to pay it by going to Australia Post. I would only seriously appeal now, if it went on a permanent record.

Wentworth

HSC
It doesn't matter. I'm going to pay it by going to Australia Post. I would only seriously appeal now, if it went on a permanent record.
lol appeal so that it doesn't appear on your criminal record check for med school (I think they still ask for the check nowadays)

RANK 1

HSC
i seriously doubt any1 would give a shit about a cityrail offense

HSC
Yeah i think you should tell the authorities about the confusion with the street name.

Also not sure if it goes on your permanent record lol. But either way don't worry too much about this. Not like you shot someone or something haha. :)
Well a couple of years ago my brother received a cityrail fine - they mispelled his name. He didn't give them the incorrect spelling on purpose, it just happened. He ended up not paying the fine, won his appeal, because of that. This was about 5 years ago, so maybe things are a little different now?

Honestly though, when you buy a ticket at a cityrail machine the default is an adult ticket. The other buttons are just options to choose if you can. If you can prove you had a student card at the time you were fined, good news.

Also, travel concessions are valid until March of the following year. I think the 2011 concession is valid until March 31st. So last years' card should still have been valid?

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
You can get a concession card from your school, uni or tafe.... im 18, and i rarely get asked (due to me having younger looks). One time i tried using my school id, and that didn't work when a bus driver ask me for a card.

Best bet, just pay up and ask the school (or uni or tafe) for a concession card.

anarkyz

HSC
or you can write them a really nasty letter telling them to shove the 200 bucks up their arses

NWO

HSC
sad officers. Why dont they pick on criminals who are trouble makers...

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
$200 fuq that, appeal it.. we dont have stations near my area, so im glad I didnt really have to deal with shitney trains officers when I was in school and now uni

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Appeal, show your concession card and mention that it's your first every offence which was not deliberate.

If you're an idiot, you would say you had your concession card, showed the officer but they continued to fine you.

Ally2014

HSC
You're lucky it wasn't more. My brother got a near $1000 dollar fine in Adelaide for failing to carry concession when on a concession fare. We thought a student id would be adequate but not correct. In no way does a drivers licence qualify though!!

Definitely give it a go, a lot of the time they are dropped! Good luck mate x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
This thread is almost two years old, sure OP has already paid the fine or appealed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)