2005 HSC-Harder than previous (1 Viewer)

flemo23

HSC
Speaking to teachers and current students it seems as those this year's HSC is much harder than those in previous years. Is this due to a deliberate policy by the government and Board of Studies, given public critiscm on the ease of the HSC and the government advocating for a national, standardised education system? It seems so. Although, everyone is in the same boat, its pretty tough on us. Give us your thoughts. I'm now daunting Chemistry and Modern History, but can't wait to the exams are all over. - Flem.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
IMO all the exams I've had haven't been that bad
SOR1 i thought was the fairest paper out of all since the new HSC
legal was ok besides crime
English we were lucky-3 essays-what more could you ask for
Only the maths paper was a shock and was extremely difficult

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I have actually found this years HSC to be easier than the previous years. The english papers especially were the most straight forward so far since the new HSC came in.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Err... I disagree.

English was by far the easiest since the implementation of the New HSC, with 3 essays in Modules, and 2 of the broadest AoS questions (Section 2 and 3) that I've ever seen.

At one point I thought perhaps it was a BoS conspiracy to make everyone get good marks, so it looks like the education system is awesome.

ON the other hand, the maths paper was probably the hardest since the implementation of the New HSC. I put that down to wanky educational officials trying to look good by being all like "oh, well I wrote the 2005 paper, and that was way awesome-er than your little 2003 paper... *sips chardonnay*... or something like that.

err... My point was... I forget.

Valeroso

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
ON the other hand, the maths paper was probably the hardest since the implementation of the New HSC. I put that down to wanky educational officials trying to look good by being all like "oh, well I wrote the 2005 paper, and that was way awesome-er than your little 2003 paper... *sips chardonnay*... or something like that.

err... My point was... I forget.
Hahaha, let me assure you. That, Sir, will not be the case with Legal Studies! Whoever brags about the 2005 Legal Studies paper won't be respected at all. (Damn that stupid Media for not reporting the Crime section!)

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
English was easiest set of papers in years.

2U was difficult but not impossible.

HSC
2002 was the hardest year imo (for SDD/Chem/maths/english at least)

xx__savannah

HSC
Personally, I hope that this year's Chem HSC is harder than next years, so when I repeat it, it'll be all good =) This year's English exam was good, according to everyone who did it. Here's hoping it's like that next year.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
no way all my exams have been easy as!

journeys - simple, predicted the exam practicly
modules - how much more could u ask for 3 essays!
sor1 - the easiest in new hsc
gen maths - the easiest in new hsc

hope ipt, business and economics the same!!!

NRNOFRIENDS

HSC
N/A
it doesnt matter though anyways coz UAI is a rank (i.e. 'index') not a score. Everyone is subjected to the same test/s and their scores 'alligned' accordingly.

Picle

HSC
you guys saying english was easy, how long has it been since you did your hsc you like live here.......yoru alot older now so it seems easier.....2U was a bitch i hear and general was a breaze yay

rink

HSC
Hmm english paper 1 was harder than last years.......paper 2 was alot easier. and legal was about the same except for that crappy crime q.

HSC
they made 2002 very hard because 2001 had a very very strong year, the class of 2001 which did SC in 1999 have been the best so far, also they had strongest (and smallest) 4u cohort which is amazing for pilot year out of HSC which usually go really bad, i think BOS thought oh well we'll just make 2002 a bitch and they did

7th Sign

HSC
Tommy_69 said:
no way all my exams have been easy as!

journeys - simple, predicted the exam practicly
modules - how much more could u ask for 3 essays!
sor1 - the easiest in new hsc

hope ipt, business and economics the same!!!

No way did you even do 2004???? it was like 20% easier then todays paper

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
2 unit was difficult.......harder than 2004 and maybe even 2003

cataleptic

HSC
So far all of mine have been really fair and sort of easy.

I've still got three left though (biology, society & culture and 3U english), so I guess we'll wait and see til after those.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
2002 was the hardest year imo (for SDD/Chem/maths/english at least)
2001 was actually the hardest year if you use the number of band 6's given out as an indicator as there was no standard or benchmarka s it was the "new HSC".
2002 was easier in comparison as the standard had been set and teh standard can only increase (in the opinion of the board that is)

The exams would have been set ages back so recent discussion and criticism would not have really factored into their construction

This is all of course, my opinion.....!!!

lincolnbaker

_dhj_ said:
Maths extension 2 was rather hard... :(
Sure was. :(

Yea i looked at the 2unit maths paper, and it did seem more like 3unit in questions 7-10....

Poor weak 2unit maths kids :(

Lets hope 3unit is ok :)

HSC
snapperhead said:
2001 was actually the hardest year if you use the number of band 6's given out as an indicator as there was no standard or benchmarka s it was the "new HSC".
2002 was easier in comparison as the standard had been set and teh standard can only increase (in the opinion of the board that is)

The exams would have been set ages back so recent discussion and criticism would not have really factored into their construction

This is all of course, my opinion.....!!!
look at the 4u maths statistics, 2001 has been the best so far, my udnerstanding of 2002 harder is not universal, i found only IT/maths/SDD/Chem/english (ie. all my subjects :p) hsc paper hardest, maybe there was more band 6's, but there was probably twice as many resources

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)