2019 Sydney boys trials exam solutions (1 Viewer)

kal_230904

HSC
could you message me with the extended response answers when you have them thanks

Hivaclibtibcharkwa

HSC
I’ve updated it with more of the extended response. Sorry for the wait guys

Anony_Mousey

HSC
No need to be sorry, you're insanely helpful lmao

Also, just looked at Question 4. I picked Option D because transgenic organisms do increase genetic diversity. I don't know too much about horticultural techniques but I just assumed they don't directly alter the genetic information in plants since the tissues are just forcibly joined together to grow together

Hivaclibtibcharkwa

HSC
No need to be sorry, you're insanely helpful lmao

Also, just looked at Question 4. I picked Option D because transgenic organisms do increase genetic diversity. I don't know too much about horticultural techniques but I just assumed they don't directly alter the genetic information in plants since the tissues are just forcibly joined together to grow together
So with this question transgenic organisms, artificial insemination and pollination. All initially increase genetic diversity. However in the long run due the purpose of them being to create organisms with desirable characteristics, genetic diversity decreases. This is a major issues with these biotechnologies around the world.

For example, I’m going use those 3 techniques to make cows with more meat, that produce more milk. In the long run my whole cattle field will be filled with cows with more meat that produce more milk, so genetic diversity decreases in the ok run.

hfreemannnnnnn

HSC
Would you mind further explaining (if possible) multiple choice question 12 with the restriction enzymes? Thanks :)
Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 12.04.45 pm.png

hfreemannnnnnn

HSC
Make sure to ask me if you have any more questions
Hi again, have just started an independent trial from 2019, and the question for multiple choice 4 is the same. The solutions say that the answer is D (Producing transgenic organism). Just letting you know :)

Hivaclibtibcharkwa

HSC
Hi again, have just started an independent trial from 2019, and the question for multiple choice 4 is the same. The solutions say that the answer is D (Producing transgenic organism). Just letting you know :)
Yea, the question actually becomes more difficult the more you know.
In the long term stuff like transgenics decreases biodiversity due to desirable characteristics being favoured and esigned for, whilst in the short term due to introduction of new genes it will increase biodiversity.

hfreemannnnnnn

HSC
Yea, the question actually becomes more difficult the more you know.
In the long term stuff like transgenics decreases biodiversity due to desirable characteristics being favoured and esigned for, whilst in the short term due to introduction of new genes it will increase biodiversity.
Yeah I agree, I would have chosen B based on the long term. Sketchy question I guess.

Hivaclibtibcharkwa

HSC
Yeah I agree, I would have chosen B based on the long term. Sketchy question I guess.
Yea questions like these are a real drag. Since they actually take advantage of you have a deeper understanding on the effect of these Biotechnologies on biodiversity in order to trick you.
I think it should be a requirement that these questions state (initially or in the long run) since both have completely different answers

hfreemannnnnnn

HSC
Yea questions like these are a real drag. Since they actually take advantage of you have a deeper understanding on the effect of these Biotechnologies on biodiversity in order to trick you.
I think it should be a requirement that these questions state (initially or in the long run) since both have completely different answers
Yeah, its pretty annoying considering that was an actual independent paper.

dan964

MOD
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Hivaclibtibcharkwa
When you get a chance if you are able to transfer all your solutions in a Word file and publish it as a PDF and attach it here.
Otherwise I will be happy to write it all up. Just need solutions to the rest of the questions haha
I'll append it to the paper :)

regards
dan

Hivaclibtibcharkwa

HSC
Hey Hivaclibtibcharkwa
When you get a chance if you are able to transfer all your solutions in a Word file and publish it as a PDF and attach it here.
Otherwise I will be happy to write it all up. Just need solutions to the rest of the questions haha
I'll append it to the paper :)

regards
dan
I’ll be sure to get on it!
I’ll just take a bit of a break for now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)