• We need YOU to help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and trial papers on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

2021 HSC Chat (1 Viewer)

Mikunnn~

HSC
I’m gonna keep 12 units. I’m gonna drop from Ext 1 English to English advanced but pick up 4u Math, so still 12 units in total. How about you?
Depends on how my Music 2 goes this year. If it goes well this year, I might do 8 units in year 12. If not, I'll just do 10 units. But haha I'm also planning to drop Ext. Eng and pick up 4 unit maths.

Mikunnn~

HSC
It makes no difference honestly. School hours are increased in Year 12 (7am-4:30pm), and I'll get back home even later, and more tired.
We can only hope for the best. If you find the workload's too heavy, or you feel like you are constantly stressed, please don't hesitate to talk to your teachers, because your mental health is just as important as your physical!

SpiderX1X

HSC
We can only hope for the best. If you find the workload's too heavy, or you feel like you are constantly stressed, please don't hesitate to talk to your teachers, because your mental health is just as important as your physical!
The teachers here don't give a crap about health, only how many Band 6's you're going to give to the school, they just say if you can't cope then move to another school. Kinda sucks.

Mikunnn~

HSC
The teachers here don't give a crap about health, only how many Band 6's you're going to give to the school, they just say if you can't cope then move to another school. Kinda sucks.
Hmm what school's this? I feel with you on the "Band 6" point you made - that's why top 80 kids for Maths do the Maths Advanced HSC this year - to apparently "give a taste of the HSC" but it really gets their success rate up. And also for my Music 2 course, (I completed the Prelim last year). Four kids (out of 16 - so 25%) were kicked out because they got high band 4s/low band 5s. It's kind of sad - the HSC isn't everything, but your teachers certainly think so! It is important, but so is your health.

SkyPanda

HSC
Honestly teachers should not be having that sort of attitude. But how are you coping so far?

SkyPanda

HSC
Hmm what school's this? I feel with you on the "Band 6" point you made - that's why top 80 kids for Maths do the Maths Advanced HSC this year - to apparently "give a taste of the HSC" but it really gets their success rate up. And also for my Music 2 course, (I completed the Prelim last year). Four kids (out of 16 - so 25%) were kicked out because they got high band 4s/low band 5s. It's kind of sad - the HSC isn't everything, but your teachers certainly think so! It is important, but so is your health.
That certainly is a good way to boost results. Around what ranking is your school?

SpiderX1X

HSC
Yeah it's all to increase the school's ranking, my school is still probably more ridiculous than yours in terms of pulling up its rank, 4 people from the accelerated stream got kicked down to Extension because they didn't 'adequately complete homework'.. that's so stupid, they never even did an exam to prove they were not capable of accelerated.

Mikunnn~

HSC
Much better than my school lol.
Haha but SBHS is kinda trash for English. I think last year 20% of people got Band 6s, 40% of people got band 5s, and 40% got band 4s. That's why we dropped in ranking. The English faculty right now is being carried by all those tutoring centres legit.

SkyPanda

HSC
Haha but SBHS is kinda trash for English. I think last year 20% of people got Band 6s, 40% of people got band 5s, and 40% got band 4s. That's why we dropped in ranking. The English faculty right now is being carried by all those tutoring centres legit.
Our school dropped hard lol. But at least its still in the top forties lmao.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)