#welcome #general-chat (2 Viewers)

SpiderX1X

HSC
That combo "makes me want to sleep but keeps me awake at the same time" - one of my friends. Bio is the worst for him because he's not used to the workload and content. Boy, during Year 10, we bludged a little too much.
Yo i bludged way too much as well, my school is ages away so I can barely eat when i come home i have to start studying straight away, i literally lost a kg over this week damn it. And that phrase is so relatable, you want to sleep, but you can't.

Mikunnn~

HSC
Yo i bludged way too much as well, my school is ages away so I can barely eat when i come home i have to start studying straight away, i literally lost a kg over this week damn it. And that phrase is so relatable, you want to sleep, but you can't.
Haha I'm like the opposite. Now we can drop PDHPE, and now there are more "easier" options for timetabled sport, I feel like I'm putting on weight. Boy, I really need to exercise and keep fit. Anyway, good luck with your subjects! I've already done Module 1 for Phys and Chem for coaching, and... it's not that bad, to be honest. Good luck!

Mikunnn~

HSC
No I don’t think sport has anything to do with it, it just how the school timetables the periods. By giving up study periods, all my classes fit on my timetable so I don’t have to have before school classes.
Ah well, free periods aren't everything. Are you planning to drop to 10 units in year 12? Or will you keep your 12 units?

SpiderX1X

HSC
TWO HOURS?! Wow! Must be really tough for you!
Yeah, it's so annoying honestly. I don't want to do the wrong decision and go back to my previous school, but everyday the fatigue just convinces me that it's not worth all this so idk.

Mikunnn~

HSC
Yeah, it's so annoying honestly. I don't want to do the wrong decision and go back to my previous school, but everyday the fatigue just convinces me that it's not worth all this so idk.
Are you then planning to drop to 10 units in year 12 to free up time? It must be really heavy for you right now!

Mikunnn~

HSC
I’m gonna keep 12 units. I’m gonna drop from Ext 1 English to English advanced but pick up 4u Math, so still 12 units in total. How about you?
Depends on how my Music 2 goes this year. If it goes well this year, I might do 8 units in year 12. If not, I'll just do 10 units. But haha I'm also planning to drop Ext. Eng and pick up 4 unit maths.

Mikunnn~

HSC
It makes no difference honestly. School hours are increased in Year 12 (7am-4:30pm), and I'll get back home even later, and more tired.
We can only hope for the best. If you find the workload's too heavy, or you feel like you are constantly stressed, please don't hesitate to talk to your teachers, because your mental health is just as important as your physical!

SpiderX1X

HSC
We can only hope for the best. If you find the workload's too heavy, or you feel like you are constantly stressed, please don't hesitate to talk to your teachers, because your mental health is just as important as your physical!
The teachers here don't give a crap about health, only how many Band 6's you're going to give to the school, they just say if you can't cope then move to another school. Kinda sucks.

Mikunnn~

HSC
The teachers here don't give a crap about health, only how many Band 6's you're going to give to the school, they just say if you can't cope then move to another school. Kinda sucks.
Hmm what school's this? I feel with you on the "Band 6" point you made - that's why top 80 kids for Maths do the Maths Advanced HSC this year - to apparently "give a taste of the HSC" but it really gets their success rate up. And also for my Music 2 course, (I completed the Prelim last year). Four kids (out of 16 - so 25%) were kicked out because they got high band 4s/low band 5s. It's kind of sad - the HSC isn't everything, but your teachers certainly think so! It is important, but so is your health.

Mikunnn~

HSC
Much better than my school lol.
Haha but SBHS is kinda trash for English. I think last year 20% of people got Band 6s, 40% of people got band 5s, and 40% got band 4s. That's why we dropped in ranking. The English faculty right now is being carried by all those tutoring centres legit.

Mikunnn~

HSC
Our school dropped hard lol. But at least its still in the top forties lmao.
Our school actually improved for the sciences and a bunch of other subjects but English let us down. You go to a selective school?

s.ysabelle_

HSC
I moved to NSW maybe 3 months or so ago so I'm very new to this whole scaling thing. Is it really as important as everyone crops it up to be? I'm planning on going onto Medicine so I'm really aiming for a 90+ ATAR.

I'm currently taking Math Adv and Ext 1, English Adv, Biology, Chemistry, 1u SOR, and French Beginners. I'm thinking about switching to Japanese Continuers instead of French, however, as I had only found out that my school allowed students to take it externally.

Would a 90+ ATAR be possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)