#welcome #general-chat (1 Viewer)

boombaboom

HSC
Guys,
How does everyone study/practice for maths?
Like how many questions from each exercise. How many hours per exercise? Do you guys do Foundation, Development and Challenge/Enrichment questions? If so, how many of each?

Cheers

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I'm finding online learning really difficult. Our school doesn't use zoom, just puts up all the work and 'there, teach yourself'

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I pick out the questions which are not easy, and not incredibly hard. I avoid repeating questions, try choosing questions of different style. I don't go by hours, just work on it until i feel confident (sometimes 30 min, sometimes 1 hr). I do development and try to attempt enrichment questions
Guys,
How does everyone study/practice for maths?
Like how many questions from each exercise. How many hours per exercise? Do you guys do Foundation, Development and Challenge/Enrichment questions? If so, how many of each?

Bozza36

HSC
I find online schooling much better. Obviously there are some people (probably the majority) that prefer physically being in class and being taught by a teacher. Despite this, I've always found online resources and videos immensely more engaging and educational than teachers.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I find online schooling much better. Obviously there are some people (probably the majority) that prefer physically being in class and being taught by a teacher. Despite this, I've always found online resources and videos immensely more engaging and educational than teachers.
After a couple of weeks of online learning, i agree. Idk something about the school environment is just...annoying.

Bozza36

HSC
After a couple of weeks of online learning, i agree. Idk something about the school environment is just...annoying.
Yeah, and you're held back as the teacher has to progress at the rate the slowest student can understand.

foxxraven

HSC
Yeah, and you're held back as the teacher has to progress at the rate the slowest student can understand.
Personally I prefer the school environment, but I also agree that it's annoying being at school and having to go at a slower pace because some people can't understand. For me, I get really distracted at home and hate being stuck at the same place, which is why I prefer school, and it's easier for me to get help and understand when I'm there and actually able to ask questions. When you're at home, you can't ask someone near you if they got the same answer, for example. But I can see how online resources work well for some people though, because you can go at your own pace and get ahead, etc. I just have trouble engaging when self-learning personally. Anyway, good luck with school, hope all is well.

Bozza36

HSC
Personally I prefer the school environment, but I also agree that it's annoying being at school and having to go at a slower pace because some people can't understand. For me, I get really distracted at home and hate being stuck at the same place, which is why I prefer school, and it's easier for me to get help and understand when I'm there and actually able to ask questions. When you're at home, you can't ask someone near you if they got the same answer, for example. But I can see how online resources work well for some people though, because you can go at your own pace and get ahead, etc. I just have trouble engaging when self-learning personally. Anyway, good luck with school, hope all is well.
Yeah they're some really valid points - it does get really boring sitting in one spot at home. I try to move to a different spot in the house after each period and do exercise before or after school to keep my brain going. Good luck to you too and hope you're surviving lockdown ok.

foxxraven

HSC
Yeah they're some really valid points - it does get really boring sitting in one spot at home. I try to move to a different spot in the house after each period and do exercise before or after school to keep my brain going. Good luck to you too and hope you're surviving lockdown ok.
Those are some really good tips, thank you, and I'm doing alright, hope you are too.

Bozza36

HSC
Those are some really good tips, thank you, and I'm doing alright, hope you are too.
Thankyou, I'm doing pretty well at the moment. Going back to school next week only on every Wednesday so I guess thats some progression.

foxxraven

HSC
Thankyou, I'm doing pretty well at the moment. Going back to school next week only on every Wednesday so I guess thats some progression.
Yeah, that's good. Hopefully you'll go back more soon.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone!

How are all of you going? This term's been so busy so far and unfortunately I have a million and one assignments/exams happening over the course of the next couple weeks. How's everyone managing so far and who's excited for school to be potentially going back very soon?!

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Hi everyone!

How are all of you going? This term's been so busy so far and unfortunately I have a million and one assignments/exams happening over the course of the next couple weeks. How's everyone managing so far and who's excited for school to be potentially going back very soon?!
same man i am overloaded with work and stress. Terrible. And not looking forward to schools reopening.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
same man i am overloaded with work and stress. Terrible. And not looking forward to schools reopening.
I’m managing my stress quite well tbh. It’s just a matter of balancing all my subjects and getting decent marks in all of them. How come you’re not looking forward to going back to school?

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I’m managing my stress quite well tbh. It’s just a matter of balancing all my subjects and getting decent marks in all of them. How come you’re not looking forward to going back to school?
i like the flexibility of online school. For example, during assembly and sport time, i can instead use those hours to complete my hw and make room for more study or free time. It's nice learning from the comfort of my home, without all the nuisance school brings. In saying that though, it is kinda difficult learning the concepts.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
i like the flexibility of online school. For example, during assembly and sport time, i can instead use those hours to complete my hw and make room for more study or free time. It's nice learning from the comfort of my home, without all the nuisance school brings. In saying that though, it is kinda difficult learning the concepts.

Do you go back to school yet, for us, it's like one day a week. IMO best parts about online learning are, wake up to start, no travel time, no uniform, no hindrance from others.

I like how you can take the driver's seat in online learning and how you can be your own boss. However, the chances of dozing off are even higher than you waking up as a female tomorrow. Fridge dash every 5 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)