#welcome #general-chat (1 Viewer)

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Do you go back to school yet, for us, it's like one day a week. IMO best parts about online learning are, wake up to start, no travel time, no uniform, no hindrance from others.

I like how you can take the driver's seat in online learning and how you can be your own boss. However, the chances of dozing off are even higher than you waking up as a female tomorrow. Fridge dash every 5 minutes.
HAHAHA yeah so true. We go back once a week, but they might make it twice or thrice from week 5.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
I hope my school does do that.
oh my god that's so sad imo. Hope my school doesnt do that
I want FT learning back, would pay the toll of leaving my home for it any day.

If they can fuse the pros of both worlds, imagine that?
Eating in class, Own Schedule, Toilet Break etc but those three are my favs.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
i like the flexibility of online school. For example, during assembly and sport time, i can instead use those hours to complete my hw and make room for more study or free time. It's nice learning from the comfort of my home, without all the nuisance school brings. In saying that though, it is kinda difficult learning the concepts.
Fair point. I do agree with your last point - it is extremely difficult learning hard concepts, especially for subjects like Math or the sciences where face-to-face learning is more preferable. As someone like me who tends to be quite distracted very easily, I think physical school is better than virtual school because you don’t have the tendency to get distracted as easily and you’re in a better environment to study in general (disregarding the annoying and loud kids in the previous years).

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Fair point. I do agree with your last point - it is extremely difficult learning hard concepts, especially for subjects like Math or the sciences where face-to-face learning is more preferable. As someone like me who tends to be quite distracted very easily, I think physical school is better than virtual school because you don’t have the tendency to get distracted as easily and you’re in a better environment to study in general (disregarding the annoying and loud kids in the previous years).
But hey, I really love that one kid that always talks back against the teacher... outclasses the entertainment that movie theatres grant you.

I feel that Organic Chem and Khan Academy can teach better than my teachers, knowing that my teacher and those two are on the same playing field as they explain the content through the screen, it is obvious who will be the victor.

foxxraven

HSC
I personally prefer being at school, I need a rigid routine. I've been back three days a week (year 12 four days at my school) and we're going back full time next week.. wish me luck!
I find being able to discuss things face to face with my teachers is much easier, and I'm willing to sacrifice the comforts of home for that. But I also agree that it's easier to study at home if you have annoying loud kids, but I'm more prone to distraction at home anyway.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
I personally prefer being at school, I need a rigid routine. I've been back three days a week (year 12 four days at my school) and we're going back full time next week.. wish me luck!
I find being able to discuss things face to face with my teachers is much easier, and I'm willing to sacrifice the comforts of home for that. But I also agree that it's easier to study at home if you have annoying loud kids, but I'm more prone to distraction at home anyway.
Did you mean harder to study, not easier haha? Also good luck with going back to school. I'm only going back for one day which is tomorrow 😣

foxxraven

HSC
Did you mean harder to study, not easier haha? Also good luck with going back to school. I'm only going back for one day which is tomorrow 😣
To clarify: I meant that if you have a class with people who are really loud and annoying, working from home is much easier because you don't have that distraction.
Good luck with school too, hope tomorrow is alright. :(

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
To clarify: I meant that if you have a class with people who are really loud and annoying, working from home is much easier because you don't have that distraction.
Good luck with school too, hope tomorrow is alright. :(
Ah right. Thank you!

Emma2004

HSC
Hey guys! I've got a few questions that have been on my mind
  1. Should I take all my notes myself or download some state ranker's notes - and where's the best place to get them?
  2. What's the best way to take notes - digitally or hand-written?
  3. In general, what are the most important habits in studying for the HSC?

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Hey guys! I've got a few questions that have been on my mind
  1. Should I take all my notes myself or download some state ranker's notes - and where's the best place to get them?
  2. What's the best way to take notes - digitally or hand-written?
  3. In general, what are the most important habits in studying for the HSC?
Hi there! You seem recent to this website so welcome!

To answer your questions:

1. I recommend you take all your notes yourself and use external notes as a backup to add to your notes. However, if you are going to add other notes from someone else, verify that it is correct and then summarise it in your own words.

2. I find it best to take down notes by writing them down. Although typing your notes up digitally may seem quick and efficient, you're not giving your brain time to fully digest and understand the content that you're learning. With writing, it gives you a bit more of a time interval to take in all this new info and helps to store it in your brain!

3. I haven't taken the HSC yet as I am your average fellow preliminary student. From my experience though, the most important habits would be:
  1. Having a clean and tidy room - allows for easier accessibility of resources and you don't find yourself looking around the place for your textbook every day! Also builds on to my next point of distractions.
  2. Remove all distractions from your table... (yes, right now!) - The best way to study is to remove everything off your desk or in your room which you know will distract you. This could be any technology (unless you need your computer), another object, or perhaps the cat/dog which lies on your lap and doesn't give you a break (that's if you have a pet).
  3. Take a break every so often to give your mind a bit of a break. And I don't mind taking a break by using the computer, but maybe something more beneficial such as going outside and jogging which boosts your endorphins and can help maintain positive mental health.
Hope this helped and good luck!

JesusChriiii

HSC
Yuh I just stuffed up my most recent 2u exam, have absolutely no idea how...
I came first across the year in the first assessment but lower than 10 in the second one, really depressed now

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Yuh I just stuffed up my most recent 2u exam, have absolutely no idea how...
I came first across the year in the first assessment but lower than 10 in the second one, really depressed now
It’s aight man I’m sure you’ll do better on the yearlies!

Zackeroo

HSC
Just found this thread, you were REALLY preparing early by creating this thread when you were only in Year 10 lol... Plus, your still SUPER active... Good on you for caring :)

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Just found this thread, you were REALLY preparing early by creating this thread when you were only in Year 10 lol... Plus, your still SUPER active... Good on you for caring :)
No worries. I tried to be active quite early onwards to get a feel for the senior life and perhaps meet some people earlier on down the track.

Zackeroo

HSC
No worries. I tried to be active quite early onwards to get a feel for the senior life and perhaps meet some people earlier on down the track.
Well, it looks like you were very successful :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)