#welcome #general-chat (2 Viewers)

idkkdi

HSC
Most likely, I'm not a big fan of applied hence why I don't want to keep physics and luckily 4U math is mostly pure math.
Dude, pure math is ridiculously hard lol. At least I think it is. Personally never gotten really deep into the math olympiad system and it requires some insane insight or practice. Best I can do is clutch a HD in AIMO, and that's pretty crap.

Maybe I should try pure math as well. 100% sure it gets a mega brain. 90% sure it gives you no life. 100% sure it will make you question life. 50% sure on whether I can survive well :).

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Dude, pure math is ridiculously hard lol. At least I think it is. Personally never gotten really deep into the math olympiad system and it requires some insane insight or practice. Best I can do is clutch a HD in AIMO, and that's pretty crap.

Maybe I should try pure math as well. 100% sure it gets a mega brain. 90% sure it gives you no life. 100% sure it will make you question life. 50% sure on whether I can survive well :).
Personally I just prefer pure math because I like the complexity of pure math over applied. Applied is really just formulas and formulas and more formulas which have application to real-life concepts (perhaps not all of the time but mostly). Pure math is all about discovering patterns in math and understanding why particular mathematical patterns exist in nature, which is honestly what I like more it just fascinates me. Others may think that stuff is boring but personally idk I just find it cool I guess

idkkdi

HSC
Personally I just prefer pure math because I like the complexity of pure math over applied. Applied is really just formulas and formulas and more formulas which have application to real-life concepts (perhaps not all of the time but mostly). Pure math is all about discovering patterns in math and understanding why particular mathematical patterns exist in nature, which is honestly what I like more it just fascinates me. Others may think that stuff is boring but personally idk I just find it cool I guess
Try Cambridge 4unit enrichment. If you find that stuff fun and can do it, then you really are a mathmo :).

Wizjaro

HSC
Pure maths is hella fun. Applied maths is also hella fun. Tbh maths is fun in general.

waldani21

HSC
Yeah, I had my first today (Eng Adv). Went pretty well I think but early days yet

yashas

HSC
they guy any of you doing extension science in term 4

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I got English tomorrow, Bio the next day, then I get a weeks break from Thursday to next Thursday so that's something to look forward to : )
nice, i've got chem tomorrow and then next tues and thurs i have history and 3u maths.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Ur timetable seems quite well spaced out, lucky for you
yes i am quite lucky. I have 3 this week, and 2 next week because my French was last week (study it outside of school that's why)

Except i prefer getting things over with

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)