3/4 Time Uni (1 Viewer)

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Heya, a lot of people I know are doing part time uni, that is, doing 2 courses per semester instead of 4 (each subject contributing 6 Units of Credit).

I was wondering, is it possible to to do 75% of a full-time load for your entire degree, so do 3 subjects per semester so that a 4 year degree would take about 5.5 years?

I know it's easy enough to just enroll in 3 subjects per semester rather than 4, but does staying back for an extra few years have any affect on things such as HECS? Doing 18 UoC (3 subjects) is still considered full time, was just wondering if anyone has heard of people doing this kind of thing before.

Thanks in advance.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hecs lasts for like 7 years. There's nothing stoping you besides your determination or perhaps eventually lack thereof.

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Hecs lasts for like 7 years. There's nothing stoping you besides your determination or perhaps eventually lack thereof.
Are you sure it's 7 years? I'd do a bit of research but I'm far too lazy.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
BillyMak said:
Heya, a lot of people I know are doing part time uni, that is, doing 2 courses per semester instead of 4 (each subject contributing 6 Units of Credit).

I was wondering, is it possible to to do 75% of a full-time load for your entire degree, so do 3 subjects per semester so that a 4 year degree would take about 5.5 years?

I know it's easy enough to just enroll in 3 subjects per semester rather than 4, but does staying back for an extra few years have any affect on things such as HECS? Doing 18 UoC (3 subjects) is still considered full time, was just wondering if anyone has heard of people doing this kind of thing before.

Thanks in advance.

Nothing wrong except that it'll take longer to finish your degree and you might outlast all your friends from first year. Still, I suppose it'd be easier.

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Enlightened_One said:
Nothing wrong except that it'll take longer to finish your degree and you might outlast all your friends from first year. Still, I suppose it'd be easier.
Yeah, I'm working part time at the moment and have full-time uni, and it's quite fucking ridiculous, that's why I'm considering the drop in hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)