3 Speeches Wtffffff (1 Viewer)

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
That Was Total Bullshit Man.... Fuck Bos I Cant Beleive That..... For One I Rang The Hsc Advice Line N The Person Said 2 Learn Two And My Teacher Said Learn 2 In Depth So I Guess I Was Totally And Utterly Screwed For That Module... At Reading Time When I Saw It I Nearly Cried... Wtf Are We Machines.... 3 Speeches Dats Not Bad Enough We Had 2 Do All This Shit In 40min
Fuck U English
Die Die Die Diedie Die Die Diedie Die Die Diedie Die Die Diedie Die Die Diedie Die Die Die Die Die Die Die

*stabs The English 2005 Paper With A Dagger*

Instead Of Specifying They Found Another Way 2 Fuck Us Over...

HSC
I agree with you, When I read 3 speeches I couldn't believe it. I only ended up doing 2 as I could not rememebr a 3rd, I couldn't even remember the naem of the speech in myhead unless i read the questions paper. This is bullsh*t.

still waiting

HSC
i heard about that, that sucks for you, i no people that havent found one person in their year that finished the actual exam because of it...

HSC
Well, I learnt 3 well (Goldman, King, Lincoln) is case one of them didn't suit the question.

But I agree with miss_gtr...you are meant to know all of them, and I don't think learning 3 is too much to ask when in other modules you might have to study an entire novel and an entire movie.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh ive always learnt 3 in depth. If you limited yourself to 2, tbh you where at a severe disadvantage no matter what the question was

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
well if i knew that they were gonna ask for 3 and be original this year instead of asking 2 like they have been ever since the NEW HSC came out i wuld of learnt 3..... and yes it is 2 much 2 ask coz in other modules its the same context ps SHUT THE FUCK UP

HSC
its easy for yous to say - but for the ones that have been told to know 2, where they learn 2 and prepare time management for it and then find out its 3 is sort of fuck*d. If i had known to know 3 what makes you think I wouldn't learn 3 and prepare time management for it? Anyhow what is done is done and nothing can change it. Be fair miss gtr - stop being a bitch that you are being. When you say We've, please don't include me or others that didn't know about learning 3 in depth. I'm sure if I and others knew, we would have done it. T-Y

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well you are meant to know them ALL. What would you have done if they specified? Or if your two texts didnt suit the question?

osirisX

HSC
If you are given 3 in class, then you should expect there to be 3 in the exam...

chin music

HSC
N/A
Whoever said to learn 2 in depth is very very wrong. u had to learn all 12 in case they decided to ask a specific one. But it was still fucked. Y do they have to be assholes. It wasnt enough that u have to write three long essays in 2 hours but they make it even longer. Fuck board of studies. Did u say u stabbed ur english papers with a dagger. DUDE im going to the cliffs at vaucluse and throwing my english book off a cliff. Then going to bondi beach to burn my notes and then piss on them. Then im gonna go back in time, find shakespere, and murder him so nobody ever has to do that gay crap again.

Ultraviolent

Contemptuous Member
Uranus. lolololo do you see what I did there?! do
HSC
chin music said:
Whoever said to learn 2 in depth is very very wrong. u had to learn all 12 in case they decided to ask a specific one. But it was still fucked. Y do they have to be assholes. It wasnt enough that u have to write three long essays in 2 hours but they make it even longer. Fuck board of studies. Did u say u stabbed ur english papers with a dagger. DUDE im going to the cliffs at vaucluse and throwing my english book off a cliff. Then going to bondi beach to burn my notes and then piss on them. Then im gonna go back in time, find shakespere, and murder him so nobody ever has to do that gay crap again.
You appear to be a moron.

I don't see why the fact that they required three poems is suprising to so many people. Before the AoS essay, many remarked that "at least one related text" meant that you should do two. Wouldn't it have been wise to prepare three poems? I did.

Essentially, you are supposed to learn the whole course, not a third of it. How else should they differentiate between students?

Last edited:

chin music

HSC
N/A
Ye and u appear to be a moron too coz were not talking bout fuckn poems its about speeches and theres another thread about poems. I know it was in their power to do 3 speeches. Its also in their power to do 5 speeches or specify 3 speeches. Im just saying theyre assholes coz we got so much shit to do that heaps of ppl didnt finish it. I studied all 12 speeches and would and would have much rather they asked 2 and specified 1 then ask 3. Time was the problem for me, not remembering a third one

HSC
The hotline as someone else stated have said to learn two and teachers claim to learn two. Now, if they were to tell you that, would you take their word? Thought so. I did speeches in Term 4 and I personally don't remember anything other than the two that I learnt.

chin, time is your own fault.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh chin, you cant complain about the board in regards to time. Thats your problem. Most people managed to finish it.

The question was quite a straight foward one. To balance that they robally made it 3 speeches. It was quite fair

joeyjeremy

HSC
yeah i heard that advanced had to do three speeches bad luck fo ru

But yeah they came out pretty shocked and didnt know wat to say!! Kind of shocked that they needed 3 hahahah :S

anywayns good luck

chin music

HSC
N/A
No i wouldn't take my teachers word for it if they told me to only study 2 speeches coz it doesn't make sense. If u looked at past hsc questions youll see that they asked u to specifically refer to lincoln's speech. If they can ask u to specify a speech then it makes quite a bit of sense that u study every single speech since they can specify any one.

Ultraviolent

Contemptuous Member
Uranus. lolololo do you see what I did there?! do
HSC
chin music said:
Ye and u appear to be a moron too coz were not talking bout fuckn poems its about speeches and theres another thread about poems. I know it was in their power to do 3 speeches. Its also in their power to do 5 speeches or specify 3 speeches. Im just saying theyre assholes coz we got so much shit to do that heaps of ppl didnt finish it. I studied all 12 speeches and would and would have much rather they asked 2 and specified 1 then ask 3. Time was the problem for me, not remembering a third one
Poems or speeches. Essentially the same thing. The argument stands.

sexo9800

A place far from Sydney, but soon, Surry Hills!
HSC
Chin, i have no idea who u r but u r exactly right. yes, one would expect that u would know all the speches. but for god sake people have u looked at that document. do u know hoe much work there is to know. content, contect, techniques, F+++. to stipulate three really threw me out of line. i had prepared an australian speech just in case, as we will all recall that dreded past paper. Ppaer 2 overall though is very disproportionate. 2 hours for three terms of work, and paper 1, 1 terms work in the same time. where to these od fogies that cant even see past their cracked up glasses get off? mi not a retard as one may have presumed, i actually did pretty damn well in my trials. 1st and second rankings actually for most subjects, im just saying that to stipulate three and give them all equal time and appropiate textual analysis takes slightly more than 40 mins.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
oh you poor little things, last year i wrote about Lincoln and King, if i did your paper i would've done Lincoln, King and Keating

but i would've been a bit annoyed, still..its not like BOS did something illegal.

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
lol...everyone is being so nasty. so what if the bos technically has the power to do whatever they want, including asking for 3 speeches. people ARE allowed to be shocked, especially if they weren't expecting it - even if they did study all the speeches, as time was definately a factor.
jeez, we're in this together remember!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)