Votes: 7 17.1%
  • 4 u?!?!?! are u nuts??!!

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

pri

HSC
N/A
which is harder 4 u eng or maths?\

I say maths but thats only cos I really suck at it, (i do 3u maths), but I find all 4 units of english are easy as pie, a lot of work but not hard

What do u lot think?

I thought I might add, I go to a selective school where it is the norm to do at least one extension subject, in case this post sounds weird to sum ppl.

GJ_JOE

blood brother
my school doesn't even offer 4U english, but if they did i doubt that anyone could handle it..

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
4 unit english is by far the hardest cause you gotta be creative and original.

All you have to do in 4 unit maths is memorise a few equations and know formulae/rules for different situations. Anyone with a good memory will ace maths.

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
oh, I gotta agree with YEAR12 there.
It depends on the person.

I like English better. So I think 4U English is not as hard as 4U Maths because I enjoy English whereas I do not enjoy Maths thus Maths would feel harder to me.
:D

N

ND

Originally posted by bookboy18

All you have to do in 4 unit maths is memorise a few equations and know formulae/rules for different situations. Anyone with a good memory will ace maths.
If only it were that easy. :rolleyes:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Just a Q, is anyone insane enough to do both, and so then be able to pass any useful insight onto this thread?

kini mini

HSC

:rolleyes:. There is more even to the absorption of algorithms than memorisation, and 4U maths can and does require you to be innovative.

I think we should be clear on what we mean by "difficulty", everyone's different. If we

a) talk about it in terms of the amount of time a person of reasonable aptitude needs to invest in it to do well

b)then do a cost-benefit analysis given that 4U maths is worth 2 units and makes 3U and 2U a breeze, but for most another unit of English is essential to get a decent set of 10 units

then I think 4U English is better for people who need to chuck out Eng Adv units because it needs less time than 4U maths, assuming that the cost of having a possibilty of a weaker subject than 4U maths is outweighed by the benefit...

This is too complicated, I think it's best if everyone makes up their own mind based on their own needs :p

bobo123

HSC
Originally posted by mannnnndy

mathsy science person so Id naturally go for maths

:p i do alright at maths but i crumble at physics...

i do alright in humanities but english :chainsaw: me

thats bloody wacked

Rahul

Dead Member

lol...not as easy as u put it. at the same tym, 4u eng cant be hard. especially if the teachers keep rejecting ur work:p ;)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I would say that the Ext 2 English course inst too hard at all. BUT: Advanced English is a considerable amount of work, and Ext English is essesntially the same as Advanced, except the standard is MUCH higher ...

Maths is just a matter of undersatnding and application. A matter of doing problem after problem after problem. I would say much more time consuming, much more boring and much more frustrating.

THUS: I do 4english and 3maths. I struggle in maths, not so in english. So, I am biased.

The answer is truely in the person him/herself.

Ac

SoFTuaRiaL

u r sooooo wrong abt that ......... 4u maths is a lot more than applying formulae. its abt realising when n where to apply those formulae which is not easy, i tell u !

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by Da Monstar

u r sooooo wrong abt that ......... 4u maths is a lot more than applying formulae. its abt realising when n where to apply those formulae which is not easy, i tell u !
I agree with that, 4u is also about how maths works as well as formulae

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)