50% (1 Viewer)

wil123

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
68
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
That was easily the hardest paper i have seen in all my studies of 4 unit maths this year lol. So I'm really praying that the rest of the state found it hard too!
Any guesstimates on what 50% would be aligned to, taking into account the level of difficulty?
 

wil123

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
68
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
cccclaire said:
Lol, damn!

I really hope that 60% is aligned to band 6 this year, putting me close to the band 5 region..
 

cccclaire

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2006
Messages
660
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
Theres only 4 bands in Extension 2.

So when I say band 3, I mean the second top band.

I think 50% is a pretty safe band 3, although I don't think it would quite allign to a band 4.
 

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
1,146
Location
Sydney
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
wil123 said:
Lol, damn!

I really hope that 60% is aligned to band 6 this year, putting me close to the band 5 region..
There are no band 6s

it only goes up to band 4

Therefore a band 3 is like a normal band 5
 

wil123

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
68
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
Ahh k sweet, yeah i knew that but i get confused. By band 3 you meant E3 which is a big relief lol. Will it be affected in any way by my schools rank, last year coming third in the state for maths??
 

I'M-CHEN

New Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
15
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
cccclaire said:
I think 50% is a pretty safe band 3, although I don't think it would quite allign to a band 4.

are you quite sure that a raw mark above 60/120 can let you be E3???

hope you are right, because i did 55% in exam i think...
 

wil123

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
68
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
lordesf said:
does anyone no the cut off for E3 from previous yrs?
It varies, but i'd guess an average of around 50-55%.
This year will be much lower though i reckon.
 

berna007

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
39
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
REALLY??? YAYYY im hoping i pass..so if i do, i have a chance at getting an E3!!!!!

but yeah, that exam was like brain surgery compared to the 07 ext 2 hsc exam!
 

Noxi10

Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
34
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
any1 got any ideas on what a raw mark of 45 will get scaled too. Fuck i screwed up bad. At least 1 of my subjects isnt going to count!
 

wil123

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
68
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
Noxi10 said:
any1 got any ideas on what a raw mark of 45 will get scaled too. Fuck i screwed up bad. At least 1 of my subjects isnt going to count!
Based on what people are saying about the general diffculty of the test. I'd reckon about 80.
 

Noxi10

Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
34
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
No way, a raw mark of 45, meaning only 37.5% scaled to 80?

It can't be that high can it? Im hoping if possible it could at least be in the high to moderate 60's!
R u sure?
 

wil123

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
68
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
Noxi10 said:
No way, a raw mark of 45, meaning only 37.5% scaled to 80?

It can't be that high can it? Im hoping if possible it could at least be in the high to moderate 60's!
R u sure?
Ohh nah sorry i thought u meant 45%
 

Noxi10

Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
34
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
Any estimate on how id go with that kind of mark then?
 

Noxi10

Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
34
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
Wow thats surprisingly higher than what i was thinking, but considering i have no idea how the scaling works that puts in a bit of a better mood. Thanks heaps. Id def b happy with a mark like that at this rate!

Cheers
Jmi :)
 

patv

New Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
16
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
what do you guys reckon low80s/120 would moderate to. i screwed it up big time, for example the area of LOM question, but at least those first two parts were one mark each. i was hoping to get a high 90s(moderated mark), but after doing the exam, i screwed up, hoping for mid 90s.
 

Mother Man

New Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
patv said:
what do you guys reckon low80s/120 would moderate to. i screwed it up big time, for example the area of LOM question, but at least those first two parts were one mark each. i was hoping to get a high 90s(moderated mark), but after doing the exam, i screwed up, hoping for mid 90s.
Definitely a band 4, my teacher and tutor said the band 4 cutoff is most likely around 75 this year which is good news cause i think i got mid 90s as well, although i fucked up the 3u hard (mid 60s :|)
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top