6 mark question? (1 Viewer)

Venom.

HSC
Hey sup guise, just wondering, give us an estimate on how many lines to use for a 6 mark question (typed). I'm finding it difficult to cut my draft down, for the next assessment task.

Thnks.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey sup guise, just wondering, give us an estimate on how many lines to use for a 6 mark question (typed). I'm finding it difficult to cut my draft down, for the next assessment task.

Thnks.
Which subject is this?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Legal Studies.
hmm I dont do legal studies, but I'm saying about 15 lines hand written? It usually depends on the points you present in your answer and the wording of the answer.. but about 15-20 hand written lines I think? so about 8 typed up lines, size 12, average font...

correct me if im wrong... anyone :)

joben

HSC
i heard there is a GENERAL rule. Something like 2.5 lines per mark? eg. 4 mark Q=10 lines. Or was it 1.5 lines per mark? Cant remember, did IPT so long ago.....

Venom.

HSC
Too late. Bah, its due next friday, and I'm sitting on 98% in legal after two assessments, I doubt I can find the motivation, especially on a friday night.

Tutored

Snooze Fest
HSC
Well this question comes up every now and again in different classrooms (though I swear each of my teachers has had different ideas about the length/amount to write), but the few generally agreed on were that:

1 or 2 Mark answers - are most likely going to be a one word answer; either 'list" or "identify" - and possibly one sentence.

3/4 mark answers - May need a definition (depending on subject) or just an explanation along with the given answer, and should be about the length of one paragraph.

5 Mark answers - should be either 2 short paragraphs or one long paragraph (and should more or less appear to take up half a page)

8 Marks - One page

10 Marks - A page and a half

12 Marks - two pages

15 marks - 2 and a half pages

Then you get the 20 and 25 response questions that, for some reason, I've heard:

* 3 - 5 pages
* Minimum of 8 pages
* Plus hearing about other people writing up to 12/13 pages

Which seriously conflict >.< But oh well. If someone on here knows and would like to, feel free to correct me (because its definitely something I'd like to know :p) - But based on what I've heard from school (see above) I'm fairly confident about the first few, so, I guess your 6 mark question should be answered using about 2/3 of a page.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
6 marks = 6 distinct components for your answer. So probably 5-6 sentences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)