99+ possible?? (1 Viewer)

PinkLink

HSC
Hello,
HSC is 4days (yikes), i was wondering if 99 is still possible for me given the following ranks. I go a school in the 150s, we get like 2 band 6s each year for each subjects (math is usualy higher).

I do 4u/3u math, chem, legal, phys and english adv. I am top 2 for all except legal studies which i screwed up on trials and am now 5th.

99 possible? Just need some confidence going into HSC.

Thanks heaps

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It seems that you are ranked sufficiently high across most of your subjects. This should be a positive indicator with respect to your Assessment Marks and thus the first 50% of your HSC marks, meaning that you are likely on track in terms of your 99 ATAR goal so hopefully moderation will end up working in your favour. What's left (and necessary) is to perform to the best of your abilities in your HSC exams as they contribute the remaining 50% of your HSC marks and solely depend on your own performance, meaning they are not affected by other factors such as your ranks relative to your cohort or your school rank. Optimal performance in the HSC exams should be your aim if you wish to maximise your chances of achieving a 99 ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

Loquaar

HSC
Do you know what happens in terms of misadventure with one's HSC exam mark in the potential case they were highly ranked across their courses?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you know what happens in terms of misadventure with one's HSC exam mark in the potential case they were highly ranked across their courses?
There are 2 possible outcomes:
  • If the student is unable to attend, they will receive their moderated school Assessment Mark as their Examination Mark.
  • If the student is able to attend, they will receive either their moderated school Assessment Mark or their actual Examination Mark – whichever is higher.
If the student's cohort is academically capable, then the student may expect favourable Assessment Marks given their high ranks, as per the moderation process. If this ends up being the case, their HSC marks (final marks) will be the same as their Assessment Marks, because their Examinations Mark were adjusted to equal their moderated Assessment Marks (assuming they are unable to attend).

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
  • If the student is unable to attend, they will receive their moderated school Assessment Mark as their Examination Mark.
  • If the student is able to attend, they will receive either their moderated school Assessment Mark or their actual Examination Mark – whichever is higher.
If the student's cohort is academically capable, then the student may expect favourable Assessment Marks given their high ranks, as per the moderation process. If this ends up being the case, their HSC marks (final marks) will be the same as their Assessment Marks, because their Examinations Mark were adjusted to equal their moderated Assessment Marks (assuming they are unable to attend).
Stop giving me cheeky ideas...

idkkdi

HSC
get the guys who have gotten their internal ranks underestimated with respect to their abilities to take the tests. everyone else ditches. ez clap.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
oml i want an estimated mark. what would illness/misadventure entail? covid??

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
oml i want an estimated mark. what would illness/misadventure entail? covid??
HSC students sitting written exams in 2021 may be eligible for either NESA's COVID-19 Special Consideration Program or NESA's illness and misadventure program, as follows:
  • Special consideration: Special consideration recognises instances where COVID-19 restrictions have caused substantial disruption or disadvantage to HSC students in preparing for their written exams.
  • Illness and misadventure - Illness and misadventure is available for HSC students who:
    • have tested positive to COVID-19 or are under the direction of NSW Health to self-isolate at the time of an exam
    • are unwell or have flu-like symptoms at the time of an exam.
Regarding non-COVID-19-related illness and misadventure, the process is available to support students who are unwell or have an accident or other misadventure at the time of an HSC exam. In order to abide by this process, you will need to submit a separate application and supporting evidence for each exam or exam component affected.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Lots of people would be able to fake this, wouldn't they?

Also, thanks Jimmy!
No worries! I suppose they could. However, such an approach could potentially backfire, particularly if NESA becomes aware of this. Students are therefore advised not to engage in such conduct and only submit an illness/misadventure form if they are genuinely in need and can fulfill all the necessary criteria (including relevant documentation).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)