A Few Enrolment Questions (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Just a couple of questions:

1. It says that to complete the enrolment/application, all of the boxes on the left-hand menu (in myUNSW) must be ticked. I've done everything (incl. timetables for S1 and S2), but my ticks stop at "Checklist". So "What Now?", "Enrolment Tools" and "You're a student..." are unticked - have I missed something during my application?

2. Is it necessary to make an enrolment appointment to finalise my application? In fact, what is an enrolment appointment for?

3. Do we have to submit the signed UAC slip that comes in the mail, or is the online applicatiom/enrolment all we have to do?

Thanks ;)

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
1. So are mine, and others I have spoken to, so not sure what this is on about.

2. You have to collect your student card, but I don't know anything about an appointment. After you're fully enrolled online you have to go to espot and fill out your various things.

3. The UNSW booklet that came in the mail says on the top of the second inside page, "Do not send your acceptance of offer to UAC". So I guess this means no, we don't send that off, however I too would like some clarification on this.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
All enrolment is done online. The only thing you need to actually contact the uni for personally is to get your id card (i.e. just show up to collect it).

An enrolment appointment is a time period of one or more days during which you can enrol online. Appointments are used to provide prioritised access to enrol in classes. It is not an appointment for a face-to face interview!

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
MedNez said:
3. The UNSW booklet that came in the mail says on the top of the second inside page, "Do not send your acceptance of offer to UAC". So I guess this means no, we don't send that off, however I too would like some clarification on this.
i called the enrolment hotline or something for unsw, the 93851110 phone number, and i also asked about that signature for the UAC, she said because we do it all online, we dont need to do anything with that..

so im guessing, the UAC letter was generic, so for other unis that you can't do everything online, then those are the ones that need the slip?

gman03

HSC
You don't send off that acceptance slip.

I notice some people have the enrollment screen and choosing different classes.

Thoses tick boxes are meant to be like that for new undergraduate. Just wait till feburay. In the mean time you might want to go to e-spot and get those ugly cards.

elfm

HSC
gman03 said:

Thoses tick boxes are meant to be like that for new undergraduate. Just wait till feburay. In the mean time you might want to go to e-spot and get those ugly cards.
i love the super low resolution camera they use for those cards

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
gman03 said:

Is there any advantage to getting the student cards now, besides avoiding the crowds during O-Week?

So just to clarify: after enrolling in classes for S1 and S2 and therefore submitting a timetable, there's nothing else to do - we're enrolled? And all that's left is to get our ID cards, which we can do any time until uni starts?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Lundy said:
An enrolment appointment is a time period of one or more days during which you can enrol online. Appointments are used to provide prioritised access to enrol in classes. It is not an appointment for a face-to face interview!
So students entering from HSC 05 don't need to make an enrolment appointment? I'm guessing not, since I think I've enrolled without one...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
You don't have to "make" the appointment. It's just a term for the time frame in which you have to enrol.

gman03

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Is there any advantage to getting the student cards now, besides avoiding the crowds during O-Week?

So just to clarify: after enrolling in classes for S1 and S2 and therefore submitting a timetable, there's nothing else to do - we're enrolled? And all that's left is to get our ID cards, which we can do any time until uni starts?
ID card ccan be used for concession fare in STA transports.

It allows to have your student number written down somewhere, not on loose paper or "your mind". (thou eventually you will remember it, exam after exam, results after results)

You can start borrowing book I guess with it.

You can show your friend you ARE an UNSW student... some people get jealous

You can post your id card here and we can have a look.

You can add weight to your wallet

You can add an extra card to your card selection, thou it is not cash redimmable

and the most, far most important reason - u can shut me up.

G

Gavvvvvin

gman03 said:
ID card ccan be used for concession fare in STA transports.

It allows to have your student number written down somewhere, not on loose paper or "your mind". (thou eventually you will remember it, exam after exam, results after results)

You can start borrowing book I guess with it.

You can show your friend you ARE an UNSW student... some people get jealous

You can post your id card here and we can have a look.

You can add weight to your wallet

You can add an extra card to your card selection, thou it is not cash redimmable

and the most, far most important reason - u can shut me up.
You can use it to pick-up :hammer:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Lundy said:
You don't have to "make" the appointment. It's just a term for the time frame in which you have to enrol.
Ah ic - makes much more sense now :)

Re: student IDs - sounds good. I think I'll just get it early so that I can laugh at my friends in the queue during O-Week :D

MedNez

HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Ah ic - makes much more sense now :)

Re: student IDs - sounds good. I think I'll just get it early so that I can laugh at my friends in the queue during O-Week :D
Presto ;)

I primarily just want to beat the queues and not have to stand in the sun and/or rain for extended periods in a line.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Where can you apply your ID card earlier than O'week? Where do you go in O'Week to make your card and how long do you have to wait?

MedNez

HSC
N/A
Tuna said:
Where can you apply your ID card earlier than O'week? Where do you go in O'Week to make your card and how long do you have to wait?
As soon as you've completed your registration online, you can head down to eSpot at UNSW. If you're arriving at the central walk via Anzac Pde, eSpot is part of the Red Centre building, just up from the roundhouse.

You'll need a pen, photo ID, all other questions answered here :)

i just wanna accept my offer, so i dont loose it after 27th, do i need to fill out the entire online form, so accept and enrol, or can i just do the part 1?

gman03

HSC
you must enrol both semester before they will issue you an ID card, for the reason that they need to know if you are a full time student or not..... or simply if you are a student or not.

re Tuna: if you are getting an ID card during O-week, you will know where to line up.. you basically get off the bus (891/391/393/395) and the moment you get off anzac parade, you are in the queue.... nah just kidding, you actually need to walk for a few seconds

in O-week, it is a waste of time to line up 2 hours for a card that you wouldn't need until week 3.. You might as well attend several functions around, get free plastics and whatknot instead of standing around watching people or talk to that handsome guy. If you can't get a card before oweek, i suggest you get it the monday/tuesday morning in week1. Seriously, no ones there at 8:15am. The queue will promptly moved from e-spot to the bookshop.

Remember guys, after enrolment please check the location of your classes and know where to go. There is a geological distance between Science Theatre and Scientia. REcommend you to study the UNSW map in the mean time, or come to UNSW and get a feel. I already see lots of <strike>people</strike> commarades walking around UNSW for no particular needs today.

Last edited:
codereder said:
i just wanna accept my offer, so i dont loose it after 27th, do i need to fill out the entire online form, so accept and enrol, or can i just do the part 1?

if u dont entirly fill it out do u loose the offer?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
codereder said:
if u dont entirly fill it out do u loose the offer?
I think you just have to accept the offer to secure it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)