A few questions regarding Cityrail (1 Viewer)

FrankUses

HSC
1. Do students over 16 need to buy a train ticket and choosing the concession button?

2. When travelling on weekends, can you still press the (student/apprentice) button?

3. When travelling from station 1 to station 7, does your ticket work if you want to get off at station 5?

4. You want to travel from station 1 to station 7, but there is track work between station 1 and station 4. So you buy the ticket from station 1 to station 7 and take the Cityrail bus from Station 1 to Station 4. When you are at station 4, can you go through the gates at the station with that ticket?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
1. Do students over 16 need to buy a train ticket and choosing the concession button?

2. When travelling on weekends, can you still press the (student/apprentice) button?

3. When travelling from station 1 to station 7, does your ticket work if you want to get off at station 5?

4. You want to travel from station 1 to station 7, but there is track work between station 1 and station 4. So you buy the ticket from station 1 to station 7 and take the Cityrail bus from Station 1 to Station 4. When you are at station 4, can you go through the gates at the station with that ticket?
1. You don't need to, but if you want to save money - yes.
2. Yes. Just make sure you have some sort of student ID on you.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

TheBloop

HSC

1. If you have a student concession card and are in highschool you choose "child" until march 31st of the year after you leave.

2. Yes. But you'd pick child.

3. Yes, I sometimes get a student return to the city but get off at redfern which is before the city circle.

4. I assume so. I've never had that problem but I assume they'd either have the thingies open or someone there to open the thingies.

Thief

!!
HSC
Does your ticket work if you get off a stop after? Ie I get a return ticket from a stop in the city circle, then want to get off at a different place in city circle when I get back.

TheBloop

HSC
Does your ticket work if you get off a stop after? Ie I get a return ticket from a stop in the city circle, then want to get off at a different place in city circle when I get back.
Well, in the city circle it doesn't matter, because all of the tickets just say "city" and because some trains come to town hall before museum and some the other way around so you can get off wherever in there.

BUT anywhere else, you can't get off a stop after the ticket you purchased.

madharris

HSC
N/A
1: Yes - but you need a concession card
2: Yes
3: It depends, there's a certain area that each station involves. E.g. if you take the train from chatswood to wynyard, you can use the ticket at any city circle station however you won't be able to get off at north sydney. Similarly if you go from wynyard to chatswood, you can only get off at chats wood, artarmon and roseville
4: Probably, if not then they would leave the doors open

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Well, in the city circle it doesn't matter, because all of the tickets just say "city" and because some trains come to town hall before museum and some the other way around so you can get off wherever in there.

BUT anywhere else, you can't get off a stop after the ticket you purchased.
If you go up and purchase a ticket rather than just using the machine you can get tickets to specific stations in the city rather than a "City" ticket. Depending on where you coming from and going to it can actually be cheaper to do it that way. A Central weekly ticket is around $5 cheaper than a City weekly ticket for me.

TheBloop

HSC
If you go up and purchase a ticket rather than just using the machine you can get tickets to specific stations in the city rather than a "City" ticket. Depending on where you coming from and going to it can actually be cheaper to do it that way. A Central weekly ticket is around $5 cheaper than a City weekly ticket for me.
I just get a mymulti 3 so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, a weekly to the city is the same as a weekly to redfern for me so I don't think it'd make a difference.

Where do you come from?

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
There are some stations without ticket barriers..... so if your going in-between stations, both without ticket barrier.... you can get away without having a ticket, but however if you go past a busy station, i wouldn't suggest doing that, since security, cops and ticket inspector often patrol these stations, so its best to have a ticket (or if your in a crime ridden area)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)