• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A few questions :) (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hi guys, would someone here be able to answer my questions for me :) *I know I can be a pain*

1. Those doing a combined law degree, how many days and how many hours do you go to uni a week?

2. Those who do Social Science(Criminology)/ B Laws - UWS as the non law units are at Bankstown is their days when you have to be at Parramatta then Bankstown then Parramatta again or is it one campus one day or what?

3. How close is Rydalmere station to the campus? (even though I most likely will drive, I may have to catch the train when my parents wont give me the car)

4. What's the best way to get to the Bankstown campus from Strathfield?

5. What's around the Parramatta campus at the moment?, because I have to go to this Lunch on D-day at 12 but D day wont start until 4pm so I'll have nothing to do until then

Thanks guys *hugz*

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh, here she goes again :p Its cool Melsc, ask as many questions as you like, we won't bite. Can't wait until you get into the course mel, although, the amount you post here, it feels like your already here :p

1. I don't do the course, as you know. But time tables vary, depending on what tutorials you take. The easiest way you can look it up is through the course units then look up the unit in the 2006 timetable

2. Once again, i think that will depend on your timetable, have a play around with it, as I am aware, the link I provided in the first point for the timetable, its the final copy, although some alterations may be made.

3. Rydaleme station is right next to the campus, you can see the trains from the library :p its about a 5 mintue walk to the campus, just walk over the bridge.

4. Don't really know, but the website says take the M5.

5. Answer for every about Parra campus is westfield, hello! Post christmas shopping sales are on!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
miss_gtr said:
Don't know anything for Q 1-4, But I agree with Cape for 5.......you should venture into the Holden Lions Den shop :p, I got the most amazing rick kelly trucker cap the other day.
ewww!! I have already told you that I purposely walk the long way around westfield so I don't see that shop :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
miss_gtr said:
Don't listen to Cape! Melsc, go and have a ball in that shop! (ok im going to stop spamming in here)
Don't listen to her Mel, her brain has been infested by this disgusting holden disease. Unforuntely it can't be cured.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
5. church street and westfields.. now they have built up everything, including the para station.. its really good

= Jennifer =

HSC
1. Those doing a combined law degree, how many days and how many hours do you go to uni a week?

depends on your other major law is usually 8 hrs on its own 3 days a week depends on the timetabling...for my business units i go 6 hrs a week...once again days depend on timetable because first semester i was going 3 days a week and second semester i was going 4 days

2. Those who do Social Science(Criminology)/ B Laws - UWS as the non law units are at Bankstown is their days when you have to be at Parramatta then Bankstown then Parramatta again or is it one campus one day or what?

from people i know doing this course sometimes they have em on the same day! once again timetables :p

3. How close is Rydalmere station to the campus? (even though I most likely will drive, I may have to catch the train when my parents wont give me the car)

best thing for you to do is go to parra it is more reliable to strathfield station so catch the train from strathfield to parra station get out on the bakery exit not the newsagent one go to stand A catch either the L20, 520, 523, 524

drive. it's practically just going all the way up punchbowl rd and continuing onto canterbury rd with one or two turns. public transport too tricky

5. What's around the Parramatta campus at the moment?, because I have to go to this Lunch on D-day at 12 but D day wont start until 4pm so I'll have nothing to do until then

parramatta westfield 15 mins away if on bus about 7 - 10 mins in the car or church st which is like 7 mins away driving

= Jennifer =

HSC
melsc said:
You guys are too nice, hopefully I get to meet you next year when I am nigelated!
you wont trust me!

i was the only person from my school to go to the uws parra campus and it's amazing how many people i met and it's a bonus when i found out they already know my friends

L

LaraB

melsc said:
Hi guys, would someone here be able to answer my questions for me :) *I know I can be a pain*

Thanks guys *hugz*
1 - all 1st year combined law students have 8 hours of law classes per week... your other course may vary but generally they are 3 hrs each unit so 6 hours overall - a 2 hr lecture and a 1 hr tute... so you'll be there 14 hrs per week plus a little bit here n there maybe between classes..

2nd year its one hour less.... 4th and 5th year its 2 hrs more.. so its not too bad... most people get it in in 4 days... 3if you're real lucky:)

2 - All courses with units at other campuses - hehe not me yay!:p - you MAY have to go between campuses on the same day... it simply depends on the timetabling for that semester... depending on the units and whether you get into tute registratino on time - you may want to do some night Law units so timetables do'nt clash but most people tend to be ok - even if it means travelling between campuses... if you drive its pretty ok coz traffic's ok during the day... public transport isn't too bad either since most campuses have good public transport but may take a fair bit longer to get there

3 - DON"T GO TO RYDALMERE STATION! lol... go to parra station and catch the bus - lotsa crazy ppl lol around rydalmere station and its more annoying gettin to the uni from tehre.... lotsa bag snatchings and stuff there compared to parra so yeah.. not too fun... buses come from parra station every 10 minutes ish during semester and you're bound to see someone you know to talk to on the bus:)

4 - no idea:)

5 - not much on campus... you'd have enough time to drive, or even catch a bus to parra westfield n get some lunch n go shopping or something :) i wouldn't hang around uni that long - tis too long as out of semester there's not much to do - during semester there would be stuff to do but not really right now...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I wouldn't say parra station is any safer than rydalmere station. Maybe its just me, but especially where the bus stop stands are, theres heaps of strange people who are begging you for money.

I love how everyone suggests westfields.

Tabris

HSC
4. Hop onto Cantebury road, stick to the left lane, keep on driving until you see a big blue sign saying "UWS Bankstown campus - turn left", if you miss that, turn left at Henry Lawson Drive. It's not actually close to Bankstown, more around Milperra or East Hills.

P.S Tabris should log out.

Demandred

HSC
... And Melsc, don't choose mourning classes, you're going to regret the traffic and lack of sleep, go for Simon for intro to law and don't go for Susan Fitzpatrick for torts.

L

LaraB

melsc said:
Oh do I get to choose?
yeh - but dont pick based on lecturer...

especially on the advice of other students - except Simon coz i don't know anyone who doesn't agree he's an awesome teacher...

as some students love lecturers taht others hate... eg Katrina George the other torts lecturer this year - some people love her and thought she was really good at geting info across etc, others hated her and said they learnt absolutely nothing frm her and loved Susan's classes...

so i dunno... i wouldn't worry too much... especially as often the lecturers change between each semester/year... and then often they change again when tute rego time comes around... or even like one of my business classes - you rock up week 2 and find a different lecturer to the one timetabled...

morning classes can be good if you're driving - parking is a bitch early in each semester though so early classes - ie 8-10am starts - make getting parking heaps easier - otherwise, if you start at say, 11am, you may have to be driving in earlier anyways just to get a car park.... plus if you're like me - if you have arvo classes only that day - you don't get any work done outside class lol coz you just wake up late or watch tv lol..

so depend son what ur like - morning classes i think are way better for me but i know my friends hate em coz they're totally dead in the mornings still:p

Angel45

HSC
LaraB said:
yeh - but dont pick based on lecturer...

especially on the advice of other students - except Simon coz i don't know anyone who doesn't agree he's an awesome teacher...
He's such a good teacher....I loved intro coz he makes it really interesting and I learnt so much..not just stuff that u learn and then 4get straight after the exam...plus, he's very funny

LaraB said:
as some students love lecturers taht others hate... eg Katrina George the other torts lecturer this year - some people love her and thought she was really good at geting info across etc, others hated her and said they learnt absolutely nothing frm her and loved Susan's classes...
Just from my perspective, I had Katrina and I did think she was fantastic. She makes the best notes on the board and goes through the prob question.

but ur right lara, essentially it does depend on the person...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)