A Question for Music Students... (1 Viewer)

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
I was just wondering if anyone doing music could help me to clarify the prerequisites listed in a music elective:

MUSC2618 Arts Music Ensemble 1

Credit points: 6 Teacher/Coordinator: Assoc Professor Winsome Evans Session: Semester 1 Classes: 4 tutorial hours/semester plus rehearsals and performances. Prerequisites: 18 junior credit points in no more than two subject areas. Some ensemble groups require an audition as well. Prohibitions: MUSC2018 Assessment: 1) Weekly tutorials (rehearsals in chosen group plus course tutorial) 2) Concert performance and administrative assistance. 3) A 3,000 word essay.
Note: Department permission required for enrolment

Participation in an approved performance ensemble (where available), such as: the Sydney University Symphony Orchestra, the Gamelan Orchestra 'Langen Suka', The Renaissance Players, the Sydney Chamber Choir, the Sydney University Musical Society, SBS orchestra, Sydney Youth Orchestra, Sydney Conservatorium Choir, Sydney Philharmonia Choir. Regular weekly rehearsals leading to concerts, supervised by a tutor to improve and develop ensemble performance skills, self-discipline, leadership and administrative prowess. Instruction in section leading, intonation, tone production, ear training and improvisation.

When it states 'in no more than two subject areas', am I right to believe that it isn't solely referring to subject areas within the music department?

I'm keen to take this elective in 2008 (I would love to perform with the Renaissance Players :eek:. I haven't yet taken any music units at uni, though I have been having classical/traditional/early/folk music voice lessons for the past couple of years). I plan to take the Fundamentals of Music electives next year to polish up my music literacy. I just want to make sure that I'm not getting my hopes up to to take an elective if I will ultimately be unable to satisfy its prerequisites.

skiguy_hsv

HSC
Hey there,
I'm doing music fundamentals 2 atm.
With the pre-req's I'm fairly sure it's just from any subject area, not specifically music. Most music subjects require that u've done junior units cos they're senior subjects, but not specifically units from the music dept.
If u want to double check, just email the music dept, they're usually pretty good @ getting back to people.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
skiguy_hsv said:
Hey there,
I'm doing music fundamentals 2 atm.
With the pre-req's I'm fairly sure it's just from any subject area, not specifically music. Most music subjects require that u've done junior units cos they're senior subjects, but not specifically units from the music dept.
If u want to double check, just email the music dept, they're usually pretty good @ getting back to people.
Yeah, thanks for that - that's what I thought, too. I might e-mail as well, just to be sure.

PS: how are you finding fundamentals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)