A question on outliers (1 Viewer)

evasharman

HSC
Hi !!!!,
For history extension a girl in my class did a non-attempt of the project (I'm serious) and has gotten like D's for all the assessments. In the exam the other day she legitimately just highlighted the source and wrote "I'm stupid" in the paper book so I'm pretty sure that is a non-attempt of the exam lel.
Does this in any way affect the scaling for my school or something? As I am ranked 1st I don't really want to be affected by somebody who doesn't give a damn. Also, does that mean her mark is set as the lowest mark and does it effect the person who came second-last?

Nobody has ever really explained this to me and I can't seem to find it anywhere explained for a 1 unit subject.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
She'll get a zero as a non attempt and subsequently won't affect the internal moderation.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Hi !!!!,
For history extension a girl in my class did a non-attempt of the project (I'm serious) and has gotten like D's for all the assessments. In the exam the other day she legitimately just highlighted the source and wrote "I'm stupid" in the paper book so I'm pretty sure that is a non-attempt of the exam lel.
Does this in any way affect the scaling for my school or something? As I am ranked 1st I don't really want to be affected by somebody who doesn't give a damn. Also, does that mean her mark is set as the lowest mark and does it effect the person who came second-last?

Nobody has ever really explained this to me and I can't seem to find it anywhere explained for a 1 unit subject.
If you're ranked first, it's irrelevant for the moderation of your internal marks how the other people in your cohort perform. You'll just get the cohort's best external mark as your internal (i.e. assessment) mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)