• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A really hard trial question... (2 Viewers)

SophJI

HSC
i was looking at past trial papers and found a hard one

the question is:

What were the constraints on economic growth before the global financial crisis?

what does this question mean...????
i was guessing fixed exchange rate..but not too sure
can anyone help,,i don't even know how to answer it

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Is this an essay question? And does it refer to Australia specifically?

Regardless, generally speaking, constraints on growth would be things like high inflation, high unemployment (or better, a high NAIRU), high foreign liabilities/high CAD. There are no doubt others, but I can't think of anymore right now, and assuming the question is more specific than that, you would probably have to refer to particular examples of when/how growth was constrained.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
to add to bell531's post, you'll need to also mention that governments will prioritise their objectives; conflicts in objectives; how stance on govt policy affects eco growth + why that stance is being undertaken.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Yeah but in a free market will the government's actions and policies really affect aggregate demand that much?

absorber

HSC
Yeah but in a free market will the government's actions and policies really affect aggregate demand that much?
Look around you at worldwide fiscal intervention and find the answer for yourself

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Look around you at worldwide fiscal intervention and find the answer for yourself

Yeh, from the above quote, ur right, fiscal policy and intervention from the global view should give you all the answers! :)

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Yeh, from the above quote, ur right, fiscal policy and intervention from the global view should give you all the answers! :)

I really have no idea what I was thinking when I posted that :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)