Accelerating modern history (1 Viewer)

HaRaZh

HSC
Hi all, I've decided to accelerate modern history and so I will do the HSC for modern history in yr 11. Was just wondering what I signed myself into and how much of a workload I will experience.

DarkOperator618

HSC
Hi all, I've decided to accelerate modern history and so I will do the HSC for modern history in yr 11. Was just wondering what I signed myself into and how much of a workload I will experience.
its really not that bad

bruh you'll be fine, modern is easy as hell

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Essentially, you are completing the HSC course for Modern History in year 11, meaning that you will be sitting the HSC exam for this subject. This also means that it will contribute to your ATAR, in year 11. Since you will be studying the Preliminary course for the rest of your subjects in year 11, the workload you will experience ultimately depends on how much study time you're willing to allocate towards your other subjects. An important thing to consider is that the rest of your subjects will not contribute towards your ATAR in year 11. Modern History will be the only subject that counts towards your ATAR, and this means that most of your efforts/attention must be directed at this subject if you wish to achieve a great final mark, making a great contribution to your ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
ris08 said:
hey,
my school has an accelerated program thingy where you can do ancient history or business accelerated
i got into ancient but the selection criteria was kind of small as in there was like 36 ish people who tried out and 18 got in.I have performed well in the past for history in junior years in year 8 i had an average course mark in the 90s
If I end up doing ancient history, will i still be able to achieve as good of a score as someone in business as in will the scaling be in my favour?
Also is it possible to achieve a high atar with this subject?
Yes, it is definitely possible to achieve high marks in Ancient History that are comparable to those that can be achieved in Business Studies. While Stage 6 subjects are more demanding than Stage 5 subjects, your performance in Stage 5 History indicates your ability to commit to Ancient History throughout year 11 and year 12, which will hopefully allow you to perform favourably in this subject. This also means that it is definitely possible to achieve a high ATAR with Ancient History, as is the case of all other subjects, provided you do your utmost to study and prepare for not just Ancient History, but also the rest of your subjects. In 2022, the highest ATAR achieved by a student who took Ancient History was 99.95.

It is also important to note that, whether you end up taking Ancient History, Business Studies, or another subject, scaling should not be your main consideration. Instead, you should choose the subjects that you are interested in and are capable of performing well in. The higher your standard of performance in a subject, the less significant the effect of scaling will be, even for low-scaling subjects. On the other hand, unfavourable performance in a high-scaling subject will not lead to positive outcomes.

I hope this helps! 😄

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)