ACCG100 or ACCG106? (1 Viewer)

rayy_bann

HSC
hey guys, I need to choose either ACCG100 or ACCG106.
I've read both unit outlines but can't comprehend any of the terminology being used, let alone deduce what exactly is best for me.
Overall I'm looking for the unit that is 'supposedly' the least mathematically based unit, or for me, the 'easiest' unit.
Yes yes, I know whether something is 'easy' or not is very subjective. Keep in mind that I'm not a strong mathsy person and will never have to touch 'accounting' subjects apart from one of these units in my first year ever again.

I really appreciate your input guys as to what you believe is best for me.

Thanks!

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Neither are really mathematical subjects. If you can add subtract and multiply you will be fine. I've done ACCG100 and it's probably one of the easiest subjects to date in my degree. ACCG106 is supposed to be an easier version, so you might want to give this a go if you're looking for something to boost your GPA a little.

With that being said, both subjects require consistent effort on your part. When I did ACCG100, we had to make weekly homework submissions. Never anything conceptually difficult, but it required discipline to stay on top of it all.

rayy_bann

HSC
Neither are really mathematical subjects. If you can add subtract and multiply you will be fine. I've done ACCG100 and it's probably one of the easiest subjects to date in my degree. ACCG106 is supposed to be an easier version, so you might want to give this a go if you're looking for something to boost your GPA a little.

With that being said, both subjects require consistent effort on your part. When I did ACCG100, we had to make weekly homework submissions. Never anything conceptually difficult, but it required discipline to stay on top of it all.
Thanks for your input! Wow you are like the only person who I have heard from that has such a positive statement about the unit. :p

Yes the general consenus from what I have heard is that ACCG106 is 'easier' in comparison to ACCG100. My mathematics capability is by no means bad, its just not as strong compared to my writing. In saying that, I may give ACCG100 a shot. Considering I already made my timetable (which has the absolute best layout I could ever want) with ACCG100 in it.
I do realise that the mathematics in accounting is all the basic multiplication and addition, but I just don't understand why people who done and excelled in 3unit maths (extension maths) in hsc are finding this course hard.

I guess the only thing I can do is to work hard and consistently. It may mean borrowing my friends' notes to read off during mid year break and making notes from textbooks before sem2 starts.

builder2818

HSC
What do you plan on majoring in? If it's marketing, my marketing lecturer last week said there is a lot of number crunching involved in marketing as well just in case you were thinking it was going to be all essays and short answers. Are you doing ACST100 this semester?

rayy_bann

HSC
What do you plan on majoring in? If it's marketing, my marketing lecturer last week said there is a lot of number crunching involved in marketing as well just in case you were thinking it was going to be all essays and short answers. Are you doing ACST100 this semester?
Hi! Maths is actually of no major difficulty to me, in fact I actually enjoy some of it. Its just I am better at writing subjects and have a greater passion for it, hence why I chose a degree like law. On my commerce side though, I'm planning to take a finance major. I actually don't like marketing, haha. Yes its predominantly a writing subject but what MKTG101 has taught me, is that you have to rely alot on other people as well, which I absolutely can't stand lol. And nah I'm not doing ACST this sem, but next sem I will be!

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Hi! Maths is actually of no major difficulty to me, in fact I actually enjoy some of it. Its just I am better at writing subjects and have a greater passion for it, hence why I chose a degree like law. On my commerce side though, I'm planning to take a finance major. I actually don't like marketing, haha. Yes its predominantly a writing subject but what MKTG101 has taught me, is that you have to rely alot on other people as well, which I absolutely can't stand lol. And nah I'm not doing ACST this sem, but next sem I will be!
Exactly why I chose law too. I also don't have a problem with the maths stuff but I'm in my comfort zone when writing and as a result I end up performing better.

Either way, you should be okay. If you need any help with it shoot me a PM.

rayy_bann

HSC
Exactly why I chose law too. I also don't have a problem with the maths stuff but I'm in my comfort zone when writing and as a result I end up performing better.

Either way, you should be okay. If you need any help with it shoot me a PM.

Sweet! Thanks so much Azure! I'll try not to abuse the offer, but I tend to ask questions alot, haha! Nah dw I'll try not to be a pest, but regardless remember this name! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)