Achademic Advising Sessions and Orientation days (1 Viewer)

Datto120

HSC
Hey,
I have enrolled in my units can i still go to the academic advising day to check i have picked the right ones and stuff???

If anyone has the website for academic advising dates could they please post it up, i need to look for it again

and also does uws have an orientation day????

kerfuffle

HSC
I don't think so, except to show her around the campus and stuff.
I think my Mum will end up coming with me to my Advisory Day. xD

purplemonkey

HSC
It depends on whether you're academic advising session is even on your campus...eg. I was enrolled at Bankstown, but the Advisory was at Penrith...

klh

HSC
nothing wrong with mothers mothering you a bit more...lol; my first enrolment/o day ther ewre a few people with their parents or siblings/brothers/sisters, its not a big deal, its just a day you do forms.get info, explore hte campus/rooms and maybe meet some new people in oyur coruse. i went alone....but before any of this i went with my dad to find penrith...we explord it so i knew where everything was.

L

LaraB

Datto120 said:
My mum wants to come to the academic advising day. Is tehre any reason for her to go?
in a word, no :p

Honestly, if people bring parents, friends etc along it gets annoying because there aren't enough seats when you're in the lecture room for all of thsoe who actually need to be tehre, i.e. students.

Plus, the staff and student volunteers really get the shits with questions from parents and tehir general ability to serve more as hinderance than help

The whole point of these days is so you can go along and find out info for yourself... perhaps even to meet people before orientation... YOu really don't need a parent there to hold your hand :) especially since i know people whose parents insisted on coming and they got into huge fights because their parent wanted them to pick a certain major but they wanted to pick another lol :p

G

Gavvvvvin

Is there any point going to the advising day. I remember going last year at UNSW and it was an utter waste of time. Also how longs it go for?

L

LaraB

Gavvvvvin said:
Is there any point going to the advising day. I remember going last year at UNSW and it was an utter waste of time. Also how longs it go for?
Dunno if it's changed since i had mine, but if it hasn't -

yes it's definitely worth going.

You get your student ID card and other important info, you fill in HECs/CSP forms etc

Also, they talk you through some info about your course - and given the number of, to be honest dopey lol:p questions in here about course content, majors and sub majors, timetabling - i'd strongly suggest that everyone goes just to make sure you aren't wrong about some things that you may think you are sure on. It's much easier to fix up stuff, and they're more understanding, now than a few semesters down the track:)

g_dob

HSC
hi
im travelling from bondi junction to para by train tomorrow for the Achademic Advising Session for law (9:30am), does anybody know whether there will be another complimentary bus from para to the uni like there was for the info day or any other convenient way for my route??
thanks

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
g_dob said:
hi
im travelling from bondi junction to para by train tomorrow for the Achademic Advising Session for law (9:30am), does anybody know whether there will be another complimentary bus from para to the uni like there was for the info day or any other convenient way for my route??
thanks
I'm going to parra for law/bus @ 1:30....anyone else?

L

LaraB

g_dob said:
hi
thanks
There ar eplenty of convenient ways - go the bus stand at parra station that has the 525. 523, etc at it - there is a list on teh wall of what buses go to parra campus - i think they're the L20, 523, 524, 525, maybe one or two others.

You'll be able to get one of them every 10 minutes or so usually :)

L

LaraB

Gavvvvvin said:
Will there be any free parking at Penrith tomorrow?
I wouldn't worry about paying for parking - i highly doubt they'll fine you... but if you wanna be safe, it's $4 to park on campus.

s1mplykat

HSC
hi, my academic advising session is tomorrow at 9.30am, penrith campus. [B Design (Visual Communication)]
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/start/local/aascoa2007

im a little confused as to where it will be held, since penrith campus includes sites at Kingswood, Werrington South and Werrington North....

all it says is building K, room 104 =_=...
is this advisory day really important?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)