Actuary Enrolment ?? (1 Viewer)

edgetiza

HSC
I'm trying to enrol into my courses for actuarial studies and computer science but for a lot of the courses I can't seem to find them to add them? For example, when I search ACTL1101 or whatever the number is, it's the course called Introduction to Actuarial Studies. This is one of the core courses I need as shown in the handbook but I can't find it at all. I'm confused because I don't understand if it means that the course is filled up or if this is an error on their end. None of my other friends enrolling at UNSW are having this issue. I want to call but the Nucleus is closed till the 29th, and one of the few courses I was able to add said that it's almost full so I'm worried about whether or not I'll be able to enrol in time. Does anyone know how to sort this?

quickoats

HSC
One of my friends did Actl CompSc and because it was a new combination at the time there were enrolment difficulties. ACTL1101 is done in term 3 so you needn’t worry at the moment (it might not even be there for anyone since it’s wayy in the future).

mikikieko12

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm also doing computer science and actuarial at unsw. Have you checked the prerequisites for each of the subjects?
Pretty sure, ACTL1101 is offered term 2, cause you gotta do MATH1151 as a prerequisite.

Also for term 1 you can pick only these courses for actuarial and CS: COMM1140, MATH1151, ECON1101 (currently full) and COMP1511 (also full/reserved). These are the only ones with no prerequisite.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)