• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Advanced and normal streams not differentiated? (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
According to my student financial statement and commonwealth assistance notice received recently, it states that the name of the degree I am studying is B.Com.,B.Sc. I'm assuming that's what equates from the course code given in their database.
The thing is, I requested to be enrolled into the advanced stream before semester began, so the science component of my degree should be B.Sc.(Adv). My timetable information acknowledges that I am in the advanced 'stream' but it is not written on the degree name itself, most likely because the course code has not changed at all. So in the end by graduation, would the name of the degree come with or without the word 'advanced'? If not, then doesn't that mean that the B.Sc and B.Sc(Adv) degrees would not be differentiated? If there is a difference then shouldn't it be included in the degree name?
For anyone doing B.Sc(Adv), does your student financial statement just say B.Sc?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
No employer will give a crap whether it says advanced or not. Personally I'd rather it didn't, as it seems quite tacky. But yes your testamur will show advanced.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Apart for internal purposes the course BSc(Adv) no longer exists. You can still request it on your final ceritificate. But as velox said, it doesn't mean a single bit.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Does that also apply for B.Sc (advanced mathematics)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)