Advanced Eng. Trials - creative writing section - what was your question?? (1 Viewer)

clairethebear

Had paper one of english trials yesterday. The creative writing section really stumped me. It went something like "a group of old high school class mates are having a conversation, one of them says 'we were having trouble in our business, we nearly lost it because we didn't adjust, until i heard a funny little story'. Write the story he heard"
Something like that! I had NO idea what to write! I was just wondering if everyone else got a similar question or completely different?:(

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
hahaha id be sooooo screwed if i got that... i suck at creative writing

~[TaLeC]~

damn...just once I want a creative writing question in an exam...haven't had one in a while...
my school seems hell bent on letter's or magazine articles....or just plain 'ol essays...
although recently there was a conversation...

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
seems like it means that the story should be about how u should change to adjust to the surroundings...thats only what i can learn from that..

BlueEyedAussie

We did that qu in year 11 for a task!! It is something to do with the book "who ate my cheese" or something - i remember there was a real story cause my teacher asked if anyone had read it before hand :p

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
ours was a reflective entry about how things change and how they dont or somethin like that

claire, your question asks for something funny, somethin subjective, thats a very badly worded question,
what if theres a student thats sadistic and finds that funny :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by clairethebear
Had paper one of english trials yesterday. The creative writing section really stumped me. It went something like "a group of old high school class mates are having a conversation, one of them says 'we were having trouble in our business, we nearly lost it because we didn't adjust, until i heard a funny little story'. Write the story he heard"
Something like that! I had NO idea what to write! I was just wondering if everyone else got a similar question or completely different?:(
theres been a q like that b4, thats a crap q

Last edited:

Rayanz

rayanz
HSC
u know how the first part of the paper is supposed to be easy - sources and shit? it was the hardest part! instead of any visual reps which the teachers were teachin us how to respond to we got 3 page descriptions of landscapes ...was so bad

our creative writing was something like "Texts 1, 2 and 3 have represented change in the form of some event or place. Write a composition based on own personal experiences that reflect change of an event or place. Start with the words, "Things are different now...."

it wasnt as bad as some of the others i heard but i got lost in my story - it started off with a bang but jus got worse and worse. hope i learn from that.

good luck everyone. i know what your goin thru and its not nice...

rayan

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I was actually pretty pleased with our Creative Writing section. I can't remember the wording exactly, but the question asked you to write a speech to your peers on: "Change yourself, and you can change the world."

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Originally posted by clairethebear
hey wasnt that the question in independent trials 2002? ive being doin that paper this morning lol. when i first saw it it was wtf? back to year 8 we go...

We had to write a Play and all they gave us was the pics of 4 characters....and then the title "Expectations of Change"

in the second paper we had one essay..one feature artticle and a radio interview

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Rayanz
u know how the first part of the paper is supposed to be easy - sources and shit? it was the hardest part! instead of any visual reps which the teachers were teachin us how to respond to we got 3 page descriptions of landscapes ...was so bad
Omg it sounds like we did the same thing as you!!! Were your texts like a poem, interviews and exerpts of a story?

our creative writing was something like "Texts 1, 2 and 3 have represented change in the form of some event or place. Write a composition based on own personal experiences that reflect change of an event or place. Start with the words, "Things are different now...."

Ours was EXACTLY the same

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)