Advice for someone struggling with English??? (1 Viewer)

uwuu

HSC
Hey everyone, I'm currently studying English Advanced and I know I'm not the only one stressing out over it
But my stress has somewhat reached to meltdown level, wherein I'm just about ready to cry if I even hear the word 'essay,' it's
unreal. -.- I find Maths WAAYYYY easier to study and prepare for. It's easy to self mark, and if you just practice to the point where it's second nature, and memorise your formulas, you're set. Of course, I only study Advanced Maths so I have no idea about Extension Math but I assume its the same situation (but of course, with more complex topics and applications)
English is so subjective and there's so many things to remember like vocabulary (aka have a thesaurus in your brain), module requirements, quotes and techniques, it's so frustrating.

Any advice on how to survive English for the HSC?? :/ I just have such little confidence in the subject and get tremendous amounts of anxiety even thinking about the subject.

thelostone

HSC
Write your essays, memorise them and practice adapting them with past papers. With short answers, practice as many past paper short answer questions and know your techniques very well.

dumbfuck

HSC
N/A
> be me do adv
> get 18/30 for AT1, rank shit probs 20/40ish
> get 18/20 for AT2, rank 1/40ish
> mfw don't know how I did well or how to continue to do well, idek my current rank, since prick of a teach won't even tell me

Context: used to rank top through years 9-10, decent in y11, shit rn in y12. Despite the last AT2, com mod AT1 was a ted talk/ pecha kucha and I'm inept at speeches under pressure and time restraints, kid before me was in tears, I was wtf. AT2 was chill essay, friend and I would transcribe every lesson since I'd audio record the teachers on my phone for mod a and regurgitated whatver the teach would say but she warned us not to since we need our 'own opinions' bs. Got creative next assessment.

Advice: Regurgitate your teachers opinions and back em up but yeah idk.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)