• Best of luck to the class of 2019 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Like us on facebook here

Advice From A 99.70 ATAR Student (chem, phys, business, English, 2U, 3U)

Drdusk

π
HSC
Uni Grad
This almost impossible to answer because everyone differs. There is no real schedule or timetable that can just be plainly followed to ensure you get the best marks possible. The reason for this is things like people study differently (for example I didn't do past papers for English and just memorised essays that I adapted on the spot, while for maths and chemistry I did a lot of past papers 50+), you will need to spend different amount of time on each subject because some might be harder than others or you might just have more assignments. Best thing I would recommend is to not like limit yourself into a timetable or schedule that early on in year 11. Just do the work you are being told to do at school and try to do some extra revision with practice exams or papers aside from school work because this is where people lose marks. They do well in take home tasks and group things because you have a lot of time and can access resources that you wouldn't be able to normally, but then when it comes to the business end of the year in exams they don't do as well because they haven't been making notes throughout the year or practicing exam based questions
50+ past papers for Math's and Chemistry, I'm in shock lol

I literally did no HSC past papers for Physics and focused more of my time on NQE and uni papers, mainly due to the fact that I hated HSC Physics so much.

As a chem major, did you like HSC Chemistry? because I found HSC Physics pointless and not worth the time tbh...

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
50+ past papers for Math's and Chemistry, I'm in shock lol

I literally did no HSC past papers for Physics and focused more of my time on NQE and uni papers, mainly due to the fact that I hated HSC Physics so much.

As a chem major, did you like HSC Chemistry? because I found HSC Physics pointless and not worth the time tbh...
Yeah did a lot of papers because my school finished content in like term 2 week 3-4 so had a lot of time and they would often give us papers for homework.

I enjoyed it for the actual chemistry parts such as the calculations like back titration ones but the society stuff and like industrial chemistry memorising so many different processes really annoyed me a lot because it was just like sitting there memorising stuff. I would say more so my interest in the chemistry was because I would go like on youtube and watch videos from channels like Periodic Videos and I found the passion the main professor on that channel had for the subject something admirable and I wanted to be like that. I originally planned to do like physics in year 9-10 but found out I was better in chemistry and had planned to do like double degree of chemical engineering or industrial chem with advanced science chem, but then got scholarship that only allowed single degree and I took the opportunity and don't regret it cause I am really enjoying the challenging 2nd year chem courses like organic chem and I can see myself going down that phd to lecturer path

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)