Advice: Leni Riefenstahl essay question :? (1 Viewer)

jamie_95

HSC
Hey guys,

Just got this essay question from my teach.. Looking for some advice on how to tackle it, as I'm limited to 1500 words.

"Assess the importance of the Olympic Games in Berlin in 1936 and Leni Riefenstahl's film "Olympia" for Nazi propaganda purposes, both nationally and internationally."

Cheers!!

enoilgam

HSC
What do you need help with, content or how to structure/shape your response?

jamie_95

HSC
Both, but mainly the structure. I find that there is so much content, its hard to argue effectively (and make it flow) in 1500 words..

enoilgam

HSC
Both, but mainly the structure. I find that there is so much content, its hard to argue effectively (and make it flow) in 1500 words..
Well, first of all you need a thesis statement (i.e. what is your position on the question). Then you need to come up with your reasons why. Since this is a 1500 word response, I would probably structure the essay like this (for more info on Modern essay writing check the link in my sig):

Intro
Olympics - Propaganda Importance in Germany
Olympics - Propaganda Importance across the world
Olympia - Propaganda Importance in Germany
Olympia - Propaganda Importance across the world
Conclusion

The Olympics showed Germans that the country was strong after the depression, which increased their faith in the Nazis. On the international stage, the Olympics gave the Nazis more exposure which you can argue boosted the worlds perception of their legitimacy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)