All Nighters??? (1 Viewer)

Dobbsy

Dobbsy
HSC
Has anyone done an all night cramming session before an exam... its 4am and i am still studying.. i attempted to go to bed at 1.30 but after and hour i got fed up and got back up and started to study...lm not really at all worried about my marks i just feel that if i go in there 2morrow with limited information i am wasting my time so i may as well cram as much as i can in.. am i alone in this idea or are there other ppl who like to do this???

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yeah, alot of people do. the past week i've been going to sleep around 2-3am..

sometimes works, sometimes, your brain just can't handle it.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Only do it the night b4 if you're really really screwed for an exam and you've tried doing all-nighters during the trials or somehting. Otherwise play it safe and sleep at 10pm the night b4

helenpoo

HSC
That would screw me over so badly. All nighters tend to destroy me mentally. Unless it's like.. once in two weeks, in which case the next morning I will be unusually prepped up and eyebagless.

Though for these exams I've been waking up so early, and not being able to get to sleep. Those appear to be the only signs of stress, though. Apart from that, the brain is not trying to take anything more than usual in. Bloody brain.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
my brain stops remembering after 9pm (7pm)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I only had 40 minutes sleep before my EE1 exam... mainly because I was reading the latest Wheel of Time book. I entered jazzed, but when the exam finished, I was fucked. I still thini I did ok though.

Valeroso

HSC
You people don't know what the meaning of "all nighter" is if you sleep at 2 or 3 AM! An all nighter means just that - an ALL NIGHTER! So basically, I begin at 9 PM, and finish revising at 6:30 AM, get dressed, do some last minute revising, go to school, do exam, come home and sleep! :) THAT is an all nighter! (And most people will struggle to ever do that....except for me of course!)

spanishrage

If the exam is like... 1.55 i normally stay up till 3-4 and then wake up round 9-10 the next morning... i could easily pull of an all nighter but id rather go into the exam with a couple hours sleep behind me... The only tym an all nighter wouldnt be that great idea would be if you have like an exam a day... like my first week of the hsc i had 5 exams... that would kinda suck majorly if you pulled all nighters...

Counterfeit

HSC
I highly recommend you to steer away from nighters

So you enter the exam thinking you're fine, everything is crystal clear, the questions are so simple... do you know why?

Cuz your brain is fucking fried! It may seem like the info is streaming out of ever orifice, but in reality your probably writing crap but your too tired to have any common sense remaining to realize.

Prime example:
Friend (they do physics, i dont) Anyway they come to school looking like absolute shit.. im like whats wrong?
then" oh i pulled an all nighter for physics today, i look like shit? i fell superb"
me " ha ok..."

I see them at recess in the quiet study room just before the exam
me "still coping?"
them "yeah, better than ever! I feel so perky!"
me" where’s your shoe?" noticing that they’re missing a shoe
them "my shoe? my shoe... my.. shit"

2 weeks later, they got 40% which is about 30% lower than any other mark they had ever received. Looking back on their exam it was complete gibberish. Needless to say they never tried pulling an all nighter again.

It's like self sabotage

Valeroso

HSC
spanishrage said:
If the exam is like... 1.55 i normally stay up till 3-4 and then wake up round 9-10 the next morning... i could easily pull of an all nighter but id rather go into the exam with a couple hours sleep behind me... The only tym an all nighter wouldnt be that great idea would be if you have like an exam a day... like my first week of the hsc i had 5 exams... that would kinda suck majorly if you pulled all nighters...
Yeah, I had 4 exams in the first week, so the all nighters caused some serious sleep deprivation. So much so that me and my friend were both sleep deprived and must have regretted 60% of what spoke about. ;) By the end of THAT week (Legal exam on Friday), I couldn't be fucked studying for it. Went into the exam and thankfully knew everything (Ah, I love my brain), though I still think it's going to be my lowest 2 Units due to the shit nature of the subject itself. (And the stupid teacher who taught it and ruined it for me - I am tempted to say his name but I think I may resist)

Valeroso

HSC
Counterfeit said:
I highly recommend you to steer away from nighters

So you enter the exam thinking you're fine, everything is crystal clear, the questions are so simple... do you know why?

Cuz your brain is fucking fried! It may seem like the info is streaming out of ever orifice, but in reality your probably writing crap but your too tired to have any common sense remaining to realize.

Prime example:
Friend (they do physics, i dont) Anyway they come to school looking like absolute shit.. im like whats wrong?
then" oh i pulled an all nighter for physics today, i look like shit? i fell superb"
me " ha ok..."

me "still coping?"

2 weeks later, they got 40% which is about 30% lower than any other mark they had ever received. Looking back on their exam it was complete gibberish. Needless to say they never tried pulling an all nighter again.

It's like self sabotage
Hahaha, that's hilarious! However, I did an all nighter before several Economics exams and assessments, and I came first in them. Same for one Geography exam! Really, I'd only reccomend all nighters to the brave! But if you do eventually do several all nighters, it does seem abit like self sabotage. But being in a sleep deprived state is so fun! You say crazy stuff - it's abit like being drunk! :)

helenpoo

HSC
me "still coping?"
Hahahah. Damn.

Counterfeit

HSC
Valeroso said:
Hahaha, that's hilarious! However, I did an all nighter before several Economics exams and assessments, and I came first in them. Same for one Geography exam! Really, I'd only reccomend all nighters to the brave! But if you do eventually do several all nighters, it does seem abit like self sabotage. But being in a sleep deprived state is so fun! You say crazy stuff - it's abit like being drunk! :)
agreed. Im weak. I cant handle them. the last time i did one was for a chem hand in/assesment double. 19 pages in 1 night and very proud :)
I actually got 5th in the end, but i was soooo dead, i had continual giggling fits and was very persuadeable. In the end i just practically passed out in the middle common room floor from 12pm till home time, and everytime someone tired to move me id attack them, including a teacher or 2...

Valeroso

HSC
Counterfeit said:
agreed. Im weak. I cant handle them. the last time i did one was for a chem hand in/assesment double. 19 pages in 1 night and very proud :)
I actually got 5th in the end, but i was soooo dead, i had continual giggling fits and was very persuadeable. In the end i just practically passed out in the middle common room floor from 12pm till home time, and everytime someone tired to move me id attack them, including a teacher or 2...
Haha, yeah. One time I did an all nighter (for non work purposes) last year in September to watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony. Then I went to school and I was in this terrible sleep deprived state, and BOOM, found out we had to take an entire school photo! So um, it was the most FAKEST smile in the world and I have never had to open my eyes in such torturable ways, haha. As for giggling fits, I had them also! If you're ever sleep deprived, I reccomend you speak to another sleep deprived person. Its crazy meets crazy!

..but that being said, my all nighers shan't end! They benefit me in the long term :D

Dobbsy

Dobbsy
HSC
My after thoughts...

Yes i crammed all night for my Ancient History and IPT exams and i must say it wasnt all that bad.. 36 hours with no sleep yet and i am doing fine... Ancient was awful and i left after 2 hours but that is just because Ancient is my worst subject...
IPT was ok... never was the best student...
My advice if you are going to do it... Early morning shower to wake you up after studying... Coffee and Good Brekky followed by a lot of Redbull and chewing jelly beans between the exam to keep your energy up... Im totally fine and i feel like i slept last night! ohhh well!

ahacohen

HSC
Crammin b4 xamz

I think all niterz are betta than studyin all day...coz ppl r all asleep and i can concentrate betta... i've been pulling all niterz since two weekz b4 the hsc started...most of my examz r in the afternoon...so im capable of studyin and getting sleep...but on the dayz where i do have mornin examz...i still pull all niterz...and manage to get 2 hrs sleep...and wake up at 5 in the mornin...and im fine...so...

And those who say that they can't pull all niterz coz they get tired easily...would it b different if u were havin fun at a party...at 1 in the mornin....:$

afs

HSC

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO :haha:

did an all nighter on my chemistry assignment and english assignment last term

came first in both hahahahaha.

weeeird

i hate all nighters!

NEVER EVER AGAIN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)