All Rounders (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Just wondering, for those All Rounders out there (band 6 in 10 or more units of study), did u actually aim for that achievement (i.e. you studied your arse off to make that band 6 for each suject) or did you take it for granted (i.e. it miraculously came up on your results and you didn't think you would do so well)? I reckon it would be really cool to have an award from the Premier plus it adds extra credit to the resumé. I just need to lift my Biology up, since there's probably no way I can do it with Standard English even though I am the top in that and close to the top in all my other subjects other than Biology.

Are there any All Rounders out there? Please post.

Also, it would be interesting if people who came very close to being All Rounders (i.e. one or two marks off in a course or two) to post their opinions.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ No.

You only get awards if you get at least 10 units worth of band E4's or 6's, or come in the top x places for a subject (20 for bigger ones, 10 or 5 for smaller ones, I think).

Not even 8 units worth of band 6's gets you anything special.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
It was an aim, although if i didnt make it I wouldnt have been too fussed. I did 12 units, since I knew i wouldnt be getting a band 6 for English, hence i needed top bands in all the other units. Studies of Religion was really the key subject for me, I knew it would be my lowest mark other than English, however I scraped a band 6 and barely managed 10 units in the top band.

alexialight

HSC
I didn't aim for it. I didn't think I had a chance of getting a band 6 in 10 or more units so there was no point in getting my hopes up. I think that's better than aiming for it then missing out by 1 mark in a subject or something. But then I ended up getting band 6 in all 12 of my units. The award doesn't really mean very much though, it's easier for people doing easier subjects to get a band 6 in 10 units than someone doing all extension subjects. But whatever, it's a pretty trophy and worth sitting through the boring ceremony for.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
I was an all-rounder, and meeting the premier is really quite overrated.

I took up SDD to try get on all-rounders list, since I know I have no chance of 90+ in english adv.

Squishi

HSC
yeah i'm an all rounder too. i was totally surprised. i was only aiming for 6 units over 90.

sarahn

HSC
i didnt even know the all rounders awards existed until my principal told me id be getting one...

its a nice aim, but the UAI is what you should really concentrate on ie. dont take bludge subjects cos you think it'll be easier to get band 6...

best of luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)