Am I ruining my own grad experience?? URGENT (1 Viewer)

Vanillacupcake

HSC
So basically all the school ceremony related stuff is fine (I just graduated yippee!!), but I think I am ruining my own grad experience out of school. I am afraid of being remembered as the "loser" or a "boring person" who did not want to celebrate.

I'm not choosing to go to schoolies because I want to save up to go to the US in 2019.
I did not get invited to grad party (the girl who is hosting it does not like me for no reason, EVERYONE is supposed to be invited to this...)
I do not want to do scav (I do not have my P's and neither do my friends, and call me a fun police, but I also genuinely do not want to do it as because HSC is coming up I do not want to risk doing someone that is going to damage my future.
I can not make it to our year's "champagne breakfast" as I can not make it to school at 7:30am.

Am I ruining my life, will people remember me as a loser...I am genuinely worried but at the same time I am happy with my decisions. I need some advice IMMEDIATELY xx

c8

HSC
hello!! not sure if this will help hehe. the only way you could ruin your experience is if you did something that YOU do not want to do. don't feel pressured just because you are worried about what someone is thinking!! even if people think you're boring or a loser, it's not something them or even you will think about in the future. life goes on and so should you. you're graduating school so why bother trying to please people you most likely won't see again! if you're happy with what you're doing, keep following whatever makes you happy! if you do want to go out and have some fun, do so! but don't worry about what everyone else is thinking and don't let it affect you!! it's also pretty likely that there are hundreds of people who don't want to go out and have a crazy time after year 12 so you're not alone!!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I know it seems hard to accept it now, but in life, there will be times when people may think that you are a "loser" or a "boring person" for avoidable and unavoidable reasons. After this year if you don't want to see anyone (or only a few people) from your school, does it it really matter if these people think of you like this if they aren't going to be in your life much longer?

The graduate party which you haven't been invited to is an example of it not being your fault that you can't attend the graduate party. There is a slim chance that she's forgotten so you could check to see if that's the case if you really want to go? At the end of the day there will be other, arguably more important "mile stones" that you'll be able to celebrate so missing a few end of high school celebrations is not the end of the world.

Further, any actions that may get you into trouble with the school or police etc may actually have worse ramifications and more likely "ruin" your finishing high school experience. Good luck, and best wishes for the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)