• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

An unanswered question regarding transfers (1 Viewer)

Raget

Monkey Boy
HSC
Hi all,
I have been doing heaps of reading on these forums about transfers to law, and there has been lots of great stuff on it.
But I have a few questions, which I couldn't really find answers to anywhere

If i do a commerce degree at UNSW, then attempted to transfer to com/law (assuming i got between 97 and 99 uai), but didnt pass, I could just transfer to UTS or MAQ law instead? Is it just like for yr12 where u get a certain ammount of preferences?

Does anyone know the deal with a co-op set up, if you want to transfer to law after 1 year? I think you have to pay the money back, so is there any other info I need?

And finally, i think this is a dumb one but who knows, if i got 98.xx for my uai and could have gotten into UTS law, but chose a com degree at UNSW because i wanted to get into law there, but then didnt get into a transfer after the 1st year (because i had aweful results) could i just use my uai and apply to UTS along with all the school leavers for that year (and still get my credits). From what i have read UTS have a dif transfer system, but maybe thats only internally?

Anyway, any help is appretiated!!
Thanks

phrred

HSC
Raget said:
Hi all,
I have been doing heaps of reading on these forums about transfers to law, and there has been lots of great stuff on it.
But I have a few questions, which I couldn't really find answers to anywhere

If i do a commerce degree at UNSW, then attempted to transfer to com/law (assuming i got between 97 and 99 uai), but didnt pass, I could just transfer to UTS or MAQ law instead? Is it just like for yr12 where u get a certain ammount of preferences?

Does anyone know the deal with a co-op set up, if you want to transfer to law after 1 year? I think you have to pay the money back, so is there any other info I need?

And finally, i think this is a dumb one but who knows, if i got 98.xx for my uai and could have gotten into UTS law, but chose a com degree at UNSW because i wanted to get into law there, but then didnt get into a transfer after the 1st year (because i had aweful results) could i just use my uai and apply to UTS along with all the school leavers for that year (and still get my credits). From what i have read UTS have a dif transfer system, but maybe thats only internally?

Anyway, any help is appretiated!!
Thanks
Cant answer all the questions but ill try
If you got into UNSW commerce but failed to transfer to unsw com/law you can put uts and macq as 2nd n 3rd preferences, so yes it is the same as yr 12.

you have to give up co-op if you transfer to law

yes you can try to transfer to UTS but you wont get all your credits because the core courses of UNSWs BCom and Uts's BBus are different.
Perhaps accept UTS BBus/LLB and try to transfer to UNSW Com/Law 2nd year?

Raget

Monkey Boy
HSC
Thanks for your answers!
I have thought about going to UTS, but as you say, the Bcom and Bbus dont match, so I would be in a similar situation really wouldn't I?
I have tried to compare the two, but the names and system for units are different aren't they??
BTW, what is the go with external transfer to UTS? I can't seem to find much at all. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)