Anbody got UAI of 90+ with low scaled subjects?e.g gen maths (1 Viewer)

69^boi

HSC
N/A
hi i just wanna anyone who got 90+ with low scaled subjects like business studies, pdhpe, gen maths, std english etc...there was quite a few last yr in class of 2003, just wanna to see that any subject combination can lead to a high UAI & that you suprised the hell out of your friends & families!!

P.S good luck to class of 2004, you did well!!!

dezzy

HSC
my friend did pdhpe, gen maths, business and st english. she got a uai of 81!

69^boi

HSC
N/A
cool mate and more thing can u post your subjects+marks+rank+uai

defiance26

Standard English Rank: 1/52 HSC Mark: 79
General Maths Rank: 1/46 HSC Mark: 92
Biology Rank: 2/26 HSC Mark: 86
Legal Studies Rank: 1/28 HSC Mark: 86
Food Technology Rank: 2/7 HSC Mark: 93
Community And Family Studies Rank: 3/15 HSC Mark: 84

UAI: 90.6!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
In 2003, English (Advanced), Music 1 and Information Technology got scaled down.

I did those subjects and walked away with a UAI of 92.75 - probably by getting a Band 6 in Music, IT and Software Design. But that's why those subjects are scaled down, because it's easy to do well.

Details: http://splittgerber.id.au/hsc.jpg

69^boi

HSC
N/A
so all u have is to study ya ass off? n come top 5 4 all sub

dazzi_dani

HSC
i did

std eng 77
bus 89
gen maths 92
bio 86
legal 88
geo 81

UAI: 90.10

i didnt like the subjects i did but unfortunately at tafe we have not much to choose from and have to do yr 11 and 12 in the one year (or 3 terms!)

HSC
N/A
General Maths - 88
Textiles - 90 (how the hell did I get that)
Ancient History - 89

English Advanced - 90
English Extension 1 - 47
English Extension 2 - 41

UAI: 92.95!!

69^boi

HSC
N/A
im talking at least 2 or 3 ezy sub n wot's your study method, any tips?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
can someone find it in the kindness of their hearts..to tell me where u go to chek ur uai?..myt sound stupid but i dont have a clue..?

HSC
N/A
http://www.uac.edu.au

But as for easy subjects - I agree, some of the "easy subjects" are not easy at all. I put so much more pressure on myself for textiles because I needed - and wanted - to do particularly well. "easier" subjects tend to have a much higher amount of people doing them, and thus, the competition is a heck of a lot higher.

I just picked the subjects I enjoyed, and just did as well as I could under the circumstances. And I talked to heaps and heaps of people - not only here on BOS, but in real life as well, asking them how they went, what they did and how they did it etc etc. But the answer is usually just the same - with the exception of giving you the name of a particularly good tutor or study guide - just do your absolute best, and when in doubt, TALK TO YOUR TEACHERS!!! lol.

We were so lucky, because the teachers encouraged us to talk to them outside of class about pretty much anything and everything, to the point where we have their mobile numbers, home numbers, email addresses, home addresses, and names of their children...

And I'm being serious!!! The only thing I don't have, is their credit numbers :p

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
This is true! I remember being told that the harder subjects scale well and are therefore better to do....but if you don't get it, you dont get it. I did std eng, gen math, bus., rel. and mod hist. (probably the lowest scalers) and got 95.35 today. Seriously, I think it's worth a maths geek getting 99 in gen math as opposed to 70-80s in 2-3 unit. Scaling my arse!

tanvi

I know these aren't TERRIBLY bad-scaling subjects, but when I told people at school that I was doing Society and Culture and Biology; they were like, "Right...you know it's really hard to get good marks with such subjects." (I go to a school where lots of people do 2/3/4 unit maths and "harder" sciences).

Anyway, I ended up getting 95 in Society; and 94 in Biology...which led me to a 99+ UAI. So yes - the point is, subjects have nothing to do with it: better-scaling subjects just give you a cushion to fall back on if you mess up. If you work hard, you can achieve whatever you want! :)

HSC
^^ completely true.

i didn't quite get 90 (0.25 off, grr) .. but i did mostly subjects that aren't particularly high scaling - food tech, biology, indonesian and especially hospitality. but if you enjoy them and you're willing to work at it, you'll be a lot better off than picking hard subjects that you'll spend the next two years despising, just because someone told you they scale better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)