And the Fish appears in EVERY SINGLE SDD PAPER (1 Viewer)

minzoir

HSC
So. Basically, for some reason the Software Design and Development exam writers have an obsession with putting something about fish and/or fingers into the SDD exams. This year they tried to subtly get away with it by using the Software Development company "Salmon Software Enterprises", "PHYSH" and "Pieces".
Sorry to be a bit weird. I felt this years exam was pretty good (and so did the majority of my cohort). We had a running joke about the fish and predicted it would resurface in this years paper.
Prediction = Correct.
Anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
So. Basically, for some reason the Software Design and Development exam writers have an obsession with putting something about fish and/or fingers into the SDD exams. This year they tried to subtly get away with it by using the Software Development company "Salmon Software Enterprises", "PHYSH" and "Pieces".
Sorry to be a bit weird. I felt this years exam was pretty good (and so did the majority of my cohort). We had a running joke about the fish and predicted it would resurface in this years paper.
Prediction = Correct.
Anyone else noticed this phenomenon?
Yes lol catFISH ;) AND also they tend to base a lot of the scenarios around Female names to represent analysts / programmers rather than having a male name. I suspect this is trying to encourage the female students to maybe pick up a comp sci or I.T related degree to even out the ratios :/

Clarky13

HSC
Yes lol catFISH ;) AND also they tend to base a lot of the scenarios around Female names to represent analysts / programmers rather than having a male name. I suspect this is trying to encourage the female students to maybe pick up a comp sci or I.T related degree to even out the ratios :/
Considering that only 7% of students doing SDD are female.

minzoir

HSC
Haha Yeah. And I think in two years there was something to do with FishFingers. I remember that at least one was an insertion sort.
Well, we have an all boys class (7 kids), and doing past papers on the smart board, we came to a question that was like "Here is Sarah's algorithm, What may prevent this code from working?" and someone was like "girls don't code".
Just to be honest, I'm not one of those "Get in teh kitchen and make me sandywech!?@" type of guys, but it was quite funny at the time. Seriously, not many female SDD'ers out there, to those of you who are, I congratulate you for being part of such a small minority.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Haha Yeah. And I think in two years there was something to do with FishFingers. I remember that at least one was an insertion sort.
Well, we have an all boys class (7 kids), and doing past papers on the smart board, we came to a question that was like "Here is Sarah's algorithm, What may prevent this code from working?" and someone was like "girls don't code".
Just to be honest, I'm not one of those "Get in teh kitchen and make me sandywech!?@" type of guys, but it was quite funny at the time. Seriously, not many female SDD'ers out there, to those of you who are, I congratulate you for being part of such a small minority.
ahaha because SDD is a "boys" subject. It's like I wouldn't do textiles and fashion cause that's more girls orientated and it's not my thing lol. I wonder if their exams would be focused on boy names lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)