Annoyances (1 Viewer)

gracerawl88

HSC
What annoyances have you experienced?

today we had a dog walking around in the hall during our reading time. he licked my toes and was sniffing at us..

rooster crowing

trucks

creaking of old hall.

FLYS!!!!!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hahaha a dog? what the hell? lol.

nothing much for us. the hall was freakishly humid and i had a desk that wobbled so much they had to prop it up with a thousand little bits of cardboard (haha when i first touched it i yelped coz i thought it was going to fall over for a second, it was that shaky), but yeh other than that, it was cool.

rockets

HSC
N/A
Someone told me that at Barker the fire alarm went off and rang and rang for like 10 minutes during the general maths hsc exam. How off putting would that be with like a 1000 decibells ringing in ya ears.

Mazxoxo

HSC
Juniors yelling and screaming at the tops of their lungs right under our windows.....Running out of paper and having my hand in the air for five mins before they noticed and gave me another booklet 5 mins before the exam finished.....and the Cold war question, though I'm pretty sure I answered it correctly.

4back89

HSC
We had gail force winds ay... sitting next to a window and you could see it bending, thought it was about to smash... look out the window and it was blowing water bout 30 metres in the air off the lake (jindabyne) was so fucked up, shit blowing everywhere couldnt work at all

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
4back89 said:
We had gail force winds ay... sitting next to a window and you could see it bending, thought it was about to smash... look out the window and it was blowing water bout 30 metres in the air off the lake (jindabyne) was so fucked up, shit blowing everywhere couldnt work at all
whoah.

that would be so cool to see. if you werent trying to do an exam of course. but still, cool!!!!!

...i have a thing about extreme weather. :eek:

4back89

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
whoah.

that would be so cool to see. if you werent trying to do an exam of course. but still, cool!!!!!

...i have a thing about extreme weather. :eek:
yer it gets heaps intense here sumtimes at night you feel your bed shaking and seen road signs been bent over to the ground nd shit like that pretty cool but cut as it was right in the middle of my exam

dunch

HSC
Gay table.

A girls birthday was today and antoehr girl brought her a mass of ballons. one of which blows up in the exam.

wasnt to bad though.

Megan5

HSC
Yeah I had a few. Twenty minutes into the exam, a blow fly landed on my shirt. Scared the shit out of me. Thought I was hallucinating.
Then, about three times, some idiotic girl was screaming at someone in the corrider. Examiners had to go out and tell her to shut up.. twice..
Asking for extra booklets was a distraction. What was the go with the 4page booklets??

HSC
Juniors yelling outside during recess. Actually, I think one of them was freaking singing or bellowing or something for ages. I guess those "Please be quiet. HSC examinations" signs around the hall didn't work.

Everyone asking for more booklets created a distraction as well, but it wasn't too bad.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
sweetsweetcandy said:
Juniors yelling outside during recess. Actually, I think one of them was freaking singing or bellowing or something for ages. I guess those "Please be quiet. HSC examinations" signs around the hall didn't work.

Everyone asking for more booklets created a distraction as well, but it wasn't too bad.
lol yeah the signs never mean anything to those stupid yr 8 kids...we moved location to the community hall today so we escaped them, finally.
a lot of people seem to get distracted by people asking for more booklets - why is that? we just stick our hands up silently and they come over and give you another one. you hardly notice a thing.

HSC
we had stupid building constructions goin on next to our rooms. it was so loud - like massive farting through pipes....heaps distracting. went for about 10mins before the examiners got them to stop. they started again at 12:30 on the dot.

yeah and my table sucked. really creaky when i wrote........so i was the annoyance for everyone else. i had the lift my legs at a certain angle under it to make it stop. totally uncomfortable.

but hey, not complaining. its actually been my best exam by far!

kerfuffle

HSC
Megan5 said:
Yeah I had a few. Twenty minutes into the exam, a blow fly landed on my shirt. Scared the shit out of me. Thought I was hallucinating.
Then, about three times, some idiotic girl was screaming at someone in the corrider. Examiners had to go out and tell her to shut up.. twice..
Asking for extra booklets was a distraction. What was the go with the 4page booklets??
So it wasn't just stupid supervisors . . . -_-" They told us to do Section II in the 4-page, Section III in the 8-page, and Section IV in the 4-page. I thought the 4-page booklets were for Section III - a) for one booklet and b) for the other.
Apart from that, the annoying thing was having the door slam shut suddenly, due to the window being open. That made me jump.

benx88

HSC
Yesterday during the extension 1 maths and retail we had yr9 practicing the Haka on the oval and it echoed all through out the hall (cos there werent many ppl in it) it put me off one of my extended responses.. I read the question about 50 times i reckon!!!

nanini

HSC
ummm 2 supervisors had coughing fits
the person behind me was breathing really heavily
we had to stop after 5 minutes as the supervisors had got the booklets wrong
the presiding officer "head supervisor" 's mobile phone went off!

scoobydoo

HSC
... those incompetent supervisors
juniors squealing during pe class right outside

patchy20

HSC
well we had to change venues out of the nice comfortable extremely familiar chapel hall due to the high school certificate, and had to move to this little room in the primary school...so as you imagine....9 year olds....at recess....and the supervisers kept playing with the air conditioning so it was like hot...cold....hot..cold...beep....beeeeeppp of that fricken air conditioning.

Emph

HSC
yeah we ran out of booklets so ALL the supervisors went to have a loud meeting in the adjoining kitchen about it and theu were so friggen loud we couldnt concentrate and there were girls with their hands up for more booklets but no supervisors in the room to give them out!

Zenaria

HSC
Oh my god. That sounds like Hell! We were pretty ok about it - though my only complaint is the juniors outside giggling. Though the person behind me and in front of me wrote tonnes and the supervisor sighed whenever she came down our way, and she ended up just taking a seat near our tables.

HSC
Well the kids doing the beep test outside were annoying...but the most annoying thing was one of the supervisors...I had finished with about 15 minutes to go...and for some reason she though that meant we could have a conversation. She was talking to me and i was replying in nods and kind of
lookin down at my paper again and she'd shut up for a bit and then she'd ask another question...
I reckon that would have shitted off the rest of class!

also...the supervisors have this habit...if we get all the beginning stuff out of the way early...he'll start the exam at 9:22 instead of 9:25...which sounds a weird thing to complain about...but it means the exam finishes at 12:27 instead of 12:30...am I the only one who thinks we could just wait for 3 minutes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)