Another transfer question (1 Viewer)

oHWHaT.

HSC
N/A
hey guys =)

i know this must be asked about a million times now but im still unsure and would like it to be answered personally for me :p

ok so i want to do a b commerce and got a uai of 91.75... meaning ive got a very slim chance of getting into usyd or unsw. if i go to macquarie (o6 cut off of 85) would i be able to transfer to usyd or unsw after one semester.. or can i only transfer after my first yr of studies?? also, what grades would i need to transfer externally considering my uai is only a couple of points off

ive spoken to a couple of ppl and some say u can transfer after the first semester and others say after your first yr so im confused and decided to look for proper advice/info lol

ANY info would be great!!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
usually they count just your UAI if you wish to transfer after one semester, as your first semester tertiary results wouldnt be finalised when the deadline ends for mid semester transfers, so your best bet would be complete 2 semesters at mac, get a d average at least and then transfer at te end of next year

oHWHaT.

HSC
N/A
oh ok thanks for that. do u think id have much of a chance of being accepted if i were to transfer after the 1st semester?

jasonmatthew

HSC
Hi, I know this may have been asked a few times but am not exactly sure.

I achieved a UAI of 98.9 and am considering doing Commerce/law at Maquarie University. However I am not sure about the law part but am willing to give it a go.

If i say after 1 semester or even 1 year, i despise of the law part but love commerce, can i transfer to UNSW and do commerce/economics which is my second preference and is done over 4 years.

Would i lose any ground time and would i automatically get accepted into UNSW because of my UAI?
Thanks Heaps

oHWHaT.

HSC
N/A
Densuki said:
what about b eco at unsw? cut off is around 85 last year wasnt it?
yeh i was thinking about doing that too but im sort of scared cos i didnt do eco at school and wat if i cant manage to get the grades needed to transfer at the end of the yr. also, i havent decided if eco will be one of my commerce majors so i dont wanna waste 1 yr.. know wat i mean lol
i duno.. wat do you guys think..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Very few subjects directly translate into uni content, ie, Business Studies, Legal Studies, Econ will very rarely be 'pre-reqs' for uni subjects.

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
ive sat in a few eco/com lectures in early semester one, and have a few freinds in either eco or com degrees, and they say doing bs, legal or eco in the HSC isnt really helping or giving them disadvantages.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Most uni content will teach you what you need to know in first year, and any pre-reqs will usually be 3-4u maths or a science.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
For the record, there's not many courses at USYD/UNSW that will allow you to transfer after 1 semester. You are required to apply through UAC and complete 1 year of studies.

oHWHaT.

HSC
N/A
ok cool... makes me feel abit better lol. thanks for the replies =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)