ANU Explore Arts Day (21st May) (1 Viewer)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
So who knows anything about ANU Explore Arts Day, who is going and which schools are going?

If any of you BOS ANU people see a rag-tag group of school students, please take pity and don't hurt us :p

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
Would we hurt you? ^_^

*thinks the forums need an evil smiley*

Too bad you're not coming over to science...muwhahaha...

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
I love the open day, they put on a free breakfast for all the potential students. I interperate that to mean all the potential students and students who are all ready there but have no money to buy food and are smart enough to wonder arounf looking young and lost and wear a coat with big pockets to shove the muslie bars into.
Food aside, it was the best open day i ever went to and they won me over. Definetly worth coming and having a look at, particuarly the collages

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by smegger_em
I love the open day, they put on a free breakfast for all the potential students. I interperate that to mean all the potential students and students who are all ready there but have no money to buy food and are smart enough to wonder arounf looking young and lost and wear a coat with big pockets to shove the muslie bars into.
Food aside, it was the best open day i ever went to and they won me over. Definetly worth coming and having a look at, particuarly the collages
Hahhahahaha don't steal my food :p

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by greeninsanity
how do you get invited?
Our school got sent an invitation...perhaps you should ask your careers advisor.

I'm going....but I don't want to get up so early!! There hasn't been a great deal of interest in it from my school, so we were told we have to get a bus there from another school :(

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
perhaps you should ask your careers advisor.
i thought it would be too late, but i asked anyway and now im going!
we have to get a bus from another school as well (there's possibly only one other person from my grade coming).
hehe. free food, here i come...

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I know...4 hours is way too long...we have to get a bus from school at 5:30 am, and we get back at 9:30 pm :(

Ziff

HSC
N/A
3hrs.

We leave at 6.30am and arrive back at about 8/8.30pm. Ouch :(

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
I know...4 hours is way too long...we have to get a bus from school at 5:30 am, and we get back at 9:30 pm :(
Same!

Did everyone enjoy it?
I loved the Philosophy (Kidneys, what and whom not to eat), International realtions and gender sexuality and cultur (drip dry/ flip dry lololol) lectures...

Makes me really want to sacrife the good living of sydney :)

AM04

yes it was great i loved it, esp the int relations lecture(s)...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Damn Marxist.

"Fully paid up Marxist"?! I was so itching to yell something to the effect of "I thought Marxists didn't pay for anything!" :p

I liked the Politics one on power, the German/German Cinema one, the French/Cultural Walls one and the Marxist bloke.

I also took the time to walk around and look at the law and arts faculties and libraries. They look pretty schmick.

AM04

hmmm, i actually think marxism as an ideology is great... too bad no one has been able to produce a workable solution for marxist theory to be successfull in practice... I found the Politics and Power Lecture to be quite boring, infact i felt as though he was patronising us because we were high school students.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Persephone87
Everything looks schmick there!

But I cant ride a bike.
I'll teach you :D

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Wil you lol? Im pretty hopeless though ;)

the social life seems pretty good, theat was really my sole worry asides from accomodation.

But I really, really loved the campus

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Politics Power one , fell asleep in the Gender studies one after the toilet door discussion, and realised how pointless Philosophy really is.
The Dead Men Walking one about German composers was interesting from an historical pov rather than a musical one, since the music reminded me too much of Bladerunner for my liking.

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Persephone87
Everything looks schmick there!

But I cant ride a bike.
You don't need a bike. It might make things easier, but you don't *need* a bike. *nods sagely as he looks back over his first semester at ANU* FYI, I live at Fenner, so I'm about 20 mins walk away from uni.

It might help more if you're chronically late though :p Oh, and public transport is nice...$1.10 will get you anywhere, hop on as many buses as you need within one hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)